Chapter Six: Memories and Patroling ~part three~

Chapter Six: Memories and Patroling ~part three~

A Chapter by Abbie
"

last part of Sophora's three chapter long flashback! finally!

"

Sophora's P.O.V.


Right as he asked me, the carriage came to a halt. He opened the door, and let me out first, him following behind. Once we were both out, the carriage turned around and headed back to Hogwarts. We both walked over to the Three Broomsticks, seeing as it was twelve-ish. Professor Snape picked one of the two tables left, the table in the corner of the room near the windows, which was the table I'd wanted out of the two. I wanted the window one because the other was known as the Snogging Table. It would be really awkward if we sat there.... Keeping my word, I asked him what he wanted, because I'm buying.


“You can't buy what I want, your underage.” he said.


“Trust me, I can get it.” I said firmly.


“How? Not Illegally, right?” he asked, sounding a bit concerned.


“No, not illegally. I just say that it is for you. The bartender will understand. So what do you want?” I ask nonchalantly. Total lie, what I just told my professor. Not on the Illegal part, because it is legal, but on how I get it...


“Red Currant Rum spiked with firewhisky, please.” he said, finally giving up on trying to get me out of buying him alcohol.


“Sure, I'll be back in a minute professor.” I said, walking over to the counter.


“Hello, Sophora! What would it be today? The usual?” Madam Rosmerta asked me kindly. I usually got the same thing every time I came here.


“Yes please! Can I also have some Red Current Rum spiked with Firewhisky?” I asked politely.


“Are you drinking with Professor Snape? That sound like his usual...” She says, voice trailing off as she goes and makes the drinks.


“Actually yes. He has to ask me something about class and we decided to meet up here. I told him I was buying, and wouldn't take no as an answer.” I said laughing a bit.


“Interesting, tell him Rosmerta says hello, will you?” she says “here are your drinks. One Red Currant Rum, spiked with Firewhisky and One butter beer, drizzled with Mulled mead. That will be 17 sickles.” Rosmerta said kindly. Yep, Rosmerta doesn't check me for ID, not since the first time I came here, which is a LONG story. I hand over the sickles and walk over to Severus with the drinks.


“Thank you very much. What did you get as a drink for yourself? It looks like butter beer, but it smells...different.....” he said pausing for a moment before continuing. “You have mulled mead in there, don't you? And don't lie to me.”


“Yes there is mulled mead in my butter beer. I get it every time I come to the Three Broomsticks. No, I am not drinking underage, I am older than I look... you can ask Rosmerta, who says hello by the way, if you don't believe me.” I say. He looks at me in the eyes for a moment, then spoke.


“I believe you. Now, onto my previously asked question....”he said, taking a swing of his drink.


“I-I-I- um...uh...” I stuttered, the words not coming. I just couldn't believe it! My dream was beginning to come true! Becoming Professor Snape's assistant is just like becoming a potions assistant. Once I become an assistant, I'll become a potions master! Maybe I'll even teach at Hogwarts and become a Potions Professor, even if Snape still teaches here! We could work beside each other! That would be so cool!


“So you don't want to. Fine. I und-” Professor Snape began before I cut him off.


“NO! I mean, yes! No, yes, no...whichever means I want to be your potions assistant! I-I would love to. As you know from fifth year, when we talked about careres, you know that I want to be a Potions Mater! I always hoped that I could become a potions apprentice first, that way I can become a Potion Master, but because I am still at Hogwarts, this is the next best thing! I will do whatever you need me to do. I promise!” I excitedly said. This caught Professor Snape by surprise.


“Well, someone really wants too. That was the most uncharacteristic outburst that I have ever seen come from you. What happened to calm and cool? Thrown out the carriage window the moment I uttered 'become my potions assistant?” he said jokingly. My face flushed from him making a joke about me. I took a sip of my butter beer with mulled mead.



“Well, Professor Snape the cruel and sneering, just made a joke. Sweet Salazar slytherin, the end of the world is coming soon!” I said laughing. His pale face went paler. He took a long drink from his glass.


“But I- that's not- just because-” he stammered. This was amusing.



“Admit it, you never joke. For you to make a joke, you are either dying, or someone 'obliviated' your memory. So, what are you dying from, and what is your name?” I asked in a very serious tone, showing just a little bit of the joking and fun-loving side of me. I drank more from my glass, making it half empty.


“I am suffering from OICD. It stands for 'obnoxious and insufferable childrens' disease'. It's when a professor is overexposed to hormonal brats all day, everyday for the past six years of his life. My name is Severus Snape, I don't have a middle name,thank-you-very-much, and I am known as Professor Snape to you.” he replied, in a tone that was just as serious as mine. Then he drank down the rest of his Red Current Rum spiked with Firewhisky. I started giggling at his joke, but then I stopped, realizing what I was doing. I was not only giggling, but practically flirting with my professor. Have I gone batshit crazy?


“Huh, maybe the world isn't ending. Any how, I say yes to your offer. What do I have to do?” I say, safely changing the subject, while taking a few gulps of my drink.


“I'll owl you the details over the summer. There is basically just four things you have to do. One:help grade papers, but never your own. Two: you will assist me in class, since you are mainly just taking Potions, DADA, transfiguration, and herbology, along with Quidditch for extra curricular work, You would have a lot of extra time anyways. Three: help brew potions, when I need them, which could end up being at midnight if I really needed it. And four: help me plan lessons, which is quite simple. And the rest is history. Any other questions?” he asks, as I finish my drink.


“Nope! Thank you so much professor! I really don't know how to thank you enough!” I say bursting with joy.


“You can thank me, by stop thanking me.”he smirked. “ I hate to be rude Miss Scarr, but I have to be going. See you around the castle.” he said, then he got up from his seat. I got up too.


“I do too, I need to go to Apothecary, Gladrags Wizardwear, Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop, and Honeydukes Sweetshop, in the two hour we have left, seeing as it is now 12:30.” he beats me to the door and motions for me to go. I nod and say merrily, more like tipsily (if that is even a word)“Good day professor! I hope to see you around the castle!”


As I walk past him, my feet moving me towards Honeydukes, I could swear that I almost heard him whisper “and I you...Sophora...”. Maybe I had a little bit too much of my butter beer with drizzled mulled mead...


~End of flashback~



“And just who might that be Snape? Miss Sallow from Gryffendor? Mr. Jades from Hufflepuff? Miss Sihanouk from Ravenclaw? Who Snape? Who?” said Professor Filius Filtwick. I felt as if I could be sick. I just tried to remind myself that Snape is a very smart person and would never even thi-


“Miss Sophora Scarr from Slytherin house.” His words sliced right through my thoughts. That b*****d! He was in for it later...


Despite my tries to stop my face from flushing, I could feel the heat climbing to my cheeks. All eyes were on me. Professor McGonagall looked upset, as if wishing that I was helping her instead of Snape. I couldn't help but notice that all the other professors had that same longing in their eyes.


“Y-your going to help out Professor Snape?” Kadin asked, the only one who this didn't seem to affect.


“Y-yes, Professor Snape had asked me to help him near the end of last year. I agreed to help because it would help me achieve much knowledge for the career I had chosen.” I said, trying to sound confident and not freaking out like I was on the inside.


“And that career choice would be?” Professor Sprout asked looking disheartened because she couldn't have me as an assistant, like she had wanted. The reason I know she was going to ask me is because I looked into her eyes as she spoke. Legilimency has its uses.


“Potions Master, preferably teaching at a wizarding school, more preferably Hogwarts.” Professor Snape said, speaking up. I glared at him. I really do get ticked off this easily, don't I?


“Oh...”said Professor Sinistra, voice trailing off.


“Yes. I thought that this would help get me to where I want to be.” I said, trying to lighten the mood a bit, now that all of my professors were downcast, except for one smirking Severus Snape. Kadin was sitting there with the biggest smile on his face, like the stupid little Hufflepuff he was, not understanding what was going on at all. Then thankfully he did something useful: he checked his watch.


“Um... professors...Sophora...we need to get patrolling, otherwise nobody will be patrolling, at all.” Kadin spoke up, getting the professors out of their mood a bit.


“Yes. You're right Kadin. Nobody has anything else to add? No? Good. Kadin, Sophora, Severus, and Filius get patrolling please. Kadin and Filus train cars 2,3,and 4. Sophora and Severus 5,6, and 7. Thank you very much. This meeting is over.” McGonagall said, finally ending this meeting turn nightmare.



© 2012 Abbie


Author's Note

Abbie
hey, please review! and excuse the hufflepuff joke, I just feel that Sophora being Sophora, she would actually think it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Miss Sophora Scarr from Slytherin house," AND THE CROWD GOES WILD! AHHHHH! SOPHORA! WOOOOOO! WAHHHHHHH! :D


Hey and make sure you change the font to the same thing. Idk if you noticed but it changes at the end of the flashback and then suddenly jumps back again

Posted 11 Years Ago


Abbie

11 Years Ago

soon. I hav two more paragraphs until I'm done. sorry, I type slow... :(
Timeless-Chan

11 Years Ago

its alright:D i'm looking forward to your new chapter!
Abbie

11 Years Ago

cool! I'm almost done......
Good chapter :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love it, and really really can't wait to read more.


Posted 11 Years Ago


I don't usually read books like this, but you are amazing! I love it, and really really can't wait to read more.

Posted 11 Years Ago


LOL!!! I kind of need something like this to read!! Amazing and good job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


WoW this was GREAT!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

544 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 10, 2012
Last Updated on August 12, 2012
Tags: magic, harry, potter, hogwarts, snape, slytherin, love, professor, memory, wand, spell, six, chapter, new


Author

Abbie
Abbie

MA



About
hey guys! I'm Abbie :) about me: I'm fourteen I love to read I love to write I like anime I'm in the eight grade, soon to be ninth I want to be a teacher when i grow up I also want to pub.. more..

Writing
Fall of Angels Fall of Angels

A Poem by Abbie


Her Fall Her Fall

A Poem by Abbie


Honesty Honesty

A Poem by Abbie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..