1

1

A Chapter by Abbie
"

Panya is a young white-ankled mouse who goes in search of some food. what will happen?????? *****I put the Mouse Speak in my note, so you might want to read that first, because you will get confused.

"
Panya's P.O.V.

     "Let's see. I have twenty four Juniper berries, seventy eight acorns, and two Hack berries. Two Hack berries!!! This is outrageous! How can I survive the Chilly-Wind without more Hack berries? I need to go get some more!" I said worriedly, after seeing my tiny stack of Hack berries. I mean Chilly-Wind was a little far off seeing as it is only Changing-Colors, but Changing-Colors ends quickly! I have to be prepared! Being the smart little ratón I was, I decided to go out and get some more Hack berries while it was the time of  Bright-Light.

     I crept out of my little rock home and looked around. I had to be careful of any dravecs that could be out here. I have always been really cautious about hadis, ever since my brother Achbor got eaten by some big hadi. I swear on my tail that if I ever meet that stupid hadi I will kill it, even if he does try to eat me! Achbor was my favorite brother!

     Deciding that there were no dravecs around, I headed out to go to Tree-Land. There were only eight tree's in Tree-Land, but that was enough to keep alive a good hundred ratones.
 
     I quickly found the two Hack berry trees, seeing as I have lived in the area the entire two full circles of my life. Grabbing a fallen leaf for hauling the berries back and forth, I got to work. I scurried around the ground, picking up as many berries as possible. It took me four trips back and forth to just get the ones on the ground!
 
     Once all the berries on the ground were picked up, I decided to go up the tree, and let some drop down. Sounds easy enough, but a hard task actually. I climbed nimblely up the tree, and onto the highest branch possible.
 
     The sight from the top of the tree was amazing! I could see the whole world from up here! The sky was a light blue, and there were hardly any clouds in the sky. the sun was warm on my fur, but not hot enough that I would want to go inside. I didn't want to stop looking at the beautiful sight of the world I live in, but I had to get to work. The warm Bright-Light sun would soon turn into the scorching High-Light sun.
 
     I quickle snapped some berries of the branch, and let them plumet to the grassy ground below. Once I had what I thought to be enough, I quickly got down from the high branches.
 
     I went right below the branch that I had dropped the berries from. I grabbed a few, and walked over to the leaf. Dropping them in, I went back to go and put more on the leaf. I picked one up, and jsut as I was about to grab another, I was squeezed tight and lifted up into the air.
 
     Some dravec must have caught me. How I didn't hear this dravec was out of my feild of knowledge. I struggled to get loose, but I couldn't. I turned and twisted, at least trying to see what evi lzvíře had captured me. I was caught by a člověk. I was as good as dead.


© 2012 Abbie


Author's Note

Abbie
Hey! Some of you might not get Panya's Mouse speak, so here is a little bit of it:
Chilly-Wind= when winter begins and fall ends
Changing-Colors= fall beginning
Bright-Light= morning
Dravecs= Czech for predators
hadi= Czech for snake
Tree-Land= a mini forest. I say mini because we are in a central Texas desert, but I needed trees...
ratones= Czech for mice
ratón= Czech for mouse
full circle= a year
člověk= human in Czech
zvíře= beast in Czech
If the Czech translations are off, I blame google translate.

well, I hope that you liked the first chapter, and will continue to read on as I write theses chapters. I have no Idea when I will finish the next one, so please bare with me. please review if you have anything to say! thank you! <3

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lovely write continue

Posted 11 Years Ago


The imagery is wonderful! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


wow, this is amazing! I love the imagery with this!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow! Great job! suspensful!
You can do it Abbie! :D
I love the mouse-words, it makes it seem realistic that they would have their own speech.
Goodluck! I am enjoying this greatly!


Posted 11 Years Ago


Abbie

11 Years Ago

kinda glad that I took you up on the chalenge ;D I actualy found this fun to write XD
Owlgirl

11 Years Ago

I'm glad :) I hope it keeps being that way
Abbie

11 Years Ago

:D
This amuses me greatly, though it's kind of short to give any feedback other than to keep writing. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like this! Keep it up, it's a very entertaining story!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

328 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 14, 2012
Last Updated on July 28, 2012
Tags: mouse, white, ankled, czech, human, berries, captured


Author

Abbie
Abbie

MA



About
hey guys! I'm Abbie :) about me: I'm fourteen I love to read I love to write I like anime I'm in the eight grade, soon to be ninth I want to be a teacher when i grow up I also want to pub.. more..

Writing
Fall of Angels Fall of Angels

A Poem by Abbie


Her Fall Her Fall

A Poem by Abbie


Honesty Honesty

A Poem by Abbie