The Watertown Nightmare

The Watertown Nightmare

A Story by king cuddy
"

The True Story of The Clarkson family who has been through a lot having gone through a paranormal event that nearly took their lives and also without knowing having it plastered on the internet and t.

"

 There was a flash of light as the sky exploded into rumbles of thunder one after the other, as the storm brew with thick dark clouds that shrouds the sky and the sun. The trees waved along in a frenzy as the wind made its entry into the town, taking the leaves with it and rattling the windows. Jamie looked outside and watched as their neighbors hurriedly made their preparations for the oncoming storm. Her brilliant blue eyes kept watching them as they have for hours, motionless. It had been some time since they moved here from their old house back in Watertown but she could remember it like it was yesterday and her memories would never allow her to forget what happened back there.

Five years before, the Clarkson family moved from the northern shores apartment because of David, their dad got a new job. Jamie, her little brother Kevin and big brother Johann all sat in back of the back of the eight-seated minivan. Johann at age nine had his headphones, tuning out everything around him. Kevin was up to no good as usual and Jamie was busy watching the colors whoosh by as they drove out from the city to Watertown.

“What kind of name is Watertown anyway?” she had asked Kate, her new mom. “ it sounds stupid”.

“Yeah, stupid”. Kevin copied, his little voice mispronounce his sister’s words.

“it’s a beautiful place, with lots of fresh air and trees”. Kate chimed excitedly while Jamie stared daggers in the back of her head. She didn’t like her “new mommy” as her dad had called her and when she asked about hers and Johann's mom, he told her that she didn’t want to be with them anymore and she moved away. Johann said that they got a divorce.

“You’re going to love it there sweetheart”. David said from his place behind the wheel. He craned his neck up and look at her from the rear view mirror and from her expression he could tell that she wasn’t her usual happy. They will have to get adjusted to a new environment and make new friends; it was hard enough that they had just been through a nasty divorce a few months back and then Kate became apart of their lives and now they had to move because of the company needed his skills in this place they were about to live in. He was asking for a lot from this family, so he couldn’t blame her for being mad at him right now. David’s eyes caught something in front of the car and he had to swerve out of the way as to not hit it; it came out of nowhere. Kate looked at him questionably.

“You OK? Why did you swerve in the road like that?”

“Something was in the middle of the road, didn’t you see it?” He asked his wife without looking away from the road.

“David, there was nothing there and I was paying attention to the road”. She stated. “Maybe I should take over the driving when we make the next stop at a gas station, you look tired.”

David agreed but there was something there, he knew what he saw though he didn’t know what it was. Little did he know that he wasn’t the only one that saw it.

They arrived at the new house at midday, and man! What a house it was. Three stories with big bright windows and tons of space. The kids ran to the back of the house to discover that their back yard was filled with a forest of trees, lush green with tops that reached for the skies. Jamie craned her neck trying to see the tree tops, her hand shaded her eyes from the sun and in that moment she got a glance at something at the corner of the house, it gleamed in the daylight. She moved towards the object and picked it up. It was a piece of glass, pretty with colors or summer and snow.  

© 2016 king cuddy


Author's Note

king cuddy
Thanks for your help

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

298 Views
Added on May 20, 2016
Last Updated on May 20, 2016
Tags: horror, supernatural, parnormalactivity, besthorror, world

Author

king cuddy
king cuddy

jackson, TN



About
Author,writer and passionate about my craft and the world in general. more..

Writing