Maybe...

Maybe...

A Poem by SM Davis




I stand before a mirror 
and let my silk robe fall
to the floor...

 

What do I see?

 

My fingertips trace
the lines of my face
and I see azure blues
that sparkle...

 

Tracing...

 

Stopping on the 
scars I remove
my finger and 
stare at the supple
breasts that have 
been marked forever

Crying...

 

I continue looking
at this reflection
staring back at me
and I see that there
is beauty...

Again...

 

Softness touches
my waist and as my
hands come together
over the flatness of my
belly I see...

 

the beauty that love brings...

 

I fall to my knees
and my lips meet
the coolness of the

reflection looking back at me

I see that she is me
and finally I remember
that I love her

 

maybe another's hands
and eyes and lips

will love her too.

 

 

© 2008 SM Davis


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow this is a very personal poem. It reminds me of a poem I read by Carol Ann Duffy, which is no bad thing. Love does bring beauty. I have been beginning to realise the things in myself I see as flaws are what makes me perfect to another's eyes. NH

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i love this. the spareness of the words, the flitting way they skip on the page ... add to the stream of consciousness thoughts. love the message too. i have "beautiful" by christina aguilera on my jukebox on my profile because that video reminds me that we are all beautiful, no matter who judges us. 100 daises for the lady!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love it... It's a moving peice... It's hard to remember that we are beautiful no matter what the media says... I know I've had a problem with my image and this poem is a wonderful thought that hopefully will show people that the only imperfections we have are not truly imperfections.... they only make us who we are... Great job!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yes...it can be hard to remember that we should love ourselves and accept our physical bodies, especially in a modern society that sends us harmful and contradictory messages every single day; in the papers, magazines, TV, internet. Thank you for your expressive poem in reminding everyone that even though we may see "imperfections" in the mirror, we must find acceptance within ourselves.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very personal piece, and very powerful. Great job.

Richard.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such beautiful words and so deep a subject. It can be very difficult to love yourself, to make yourself important and to know the worth you have to those you love and who love you.... in this poem - gazing and seeing - really making yourself see the reflection - the true physical you that is there, scars and all, those you can see and touch and mostly those reflected in your eyes and in your heart. This is quite a good accomplishment to know that time will let someone love you - because you are so very worth it. I have learned many lessons the last year or so - so much I didn't know until I took the time to listen to myself, to my heart, to my good mind, to my tortured soul.... Your poem tells me that is also what you have seen.....

Kath

Posted 16 Years Ago


very emotional and deep. I'm glad you have found a reflection of beauty.. your scars and "flaws" are a part of who you are.. and you are worth the love of another. You are a good person inside and out Sm.. know and believe that, because we all can see it in you.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! Now this is definatly a very deep poem! I didn't wanna stop reading it was so good! Your words are very descriptive and I'm sure another's hands, eyes, and lips sees that you are a very beautiful woman! :) Outside of course, but by reading your work and your bio, I'm talking onthe inside too! That 's what really matters! :) Thanks for this read! It was well worth the time! :) Can't wait to read more! One love sweetie!


-JC-

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sometimes the mirror is our own worst enemy when we're alone. We see things others don't and we know the person looking back at us. We know the hurt and the sorrow and can't hide from the pain. All we can hope is that soon the eyes of another will draw ours away from the mirror.
Great write here :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

amazingly beautiful and deep poem, with a truely wonderful message behind it =)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow this is amazing! Very beautiful write on self-reflection. Loved it!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

713 Views
39 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on February 18, 2008
Last Updated on February 18, 2008

Author

SM Davis
SM Davis

One step from the depths of Hell, AZ



About
I write. I sing. I dance. Often. more..

Writing
Ever Ever

A Poem by SM Davis


Panic Panic

A Story by SM Davis



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


GOD said, WHAT ? GOD said, WHAT ?

A Story by Rain