My darkest side

My darkest side

A Story by smilysoly

I knew that day was coming; I knew it more than I thought I did. The sky painted with shady grey clouds and the slightest glimpse of baby blue and pale pink covered my march. Though it seemed so wintry, the weather wasn’t bad, the breeze blown from the south made the humidity of such a steaming day in November bearable. What a strange day it was! But I didn’t have much time to give the temperature much thought, I had far more important things to worry about, like designing the perfect script in my head. I've always been talented by my imagination, always running wildly in my head making up to thirty imaginary situations daily. I thought I was prepared! I actually was prepared. I've been waiting and expecting that day for so long and I know I've got thousands of words and scenarios stored in my subconscious. And that have made me face my most scaring nightmares. No,I didn’t dream about ghosts and monsters but something much more frightening, dreadful and horrendous yet an indispensable part of life. It's choice.

       The wind started blowing stronger, sending cold water buckets hitting every part of my body, or perhaps they were ice, I didn’t care anyway. I was grateful for the breeze which removed all the sweet. But my happiness didn’t last for too long. As soon as the sweat leaves my skin, it's replaced with much hotter sudor. The temperature was so high, almost like an oven. My mind started getting busy again; neglecting the important task I should focus on. Today, I will face the traitor.

        And I saw her, standing there with a chin-raised high and a sparkle in her eyes. Although she was a highly-qualified actress, she couldn’t hide it before all the kindness and sweetness hormones kick in. Her usual warm welcoming smile was pathetically drawn on her lips, yet, her eyes challenged me as he emerged from behind her, hands in hands.

      She pulled him beside her with intertwined fingers, and he didn’t resist. Instead, he just stood in his place to witness whatever was to come. Despite the pain the connection between them caused me, I looked at his eyes for one last time, the eyes which once held a special place in my heart.

      "Fine! You got it! You won him! You fought all the way against me and now he's all yours, I don’t care!" I screamed against the direction of the wind at her, wishing that my voice would reach her in the same high-pitched voice

       Her smile stretched at the corner of her lips, curving to a wicked smirk.

      "Now hunnie, how dare you say I fought against you? We are friends." She said in a low-tuned voice.

      "Just let go of me! Go out of my life! You got what you've been fighting for!!" I screamed again, using every breath I inhaled.

       Her laugh was so loud, so noisy and full of bitter sarcasm. She looked at me right in the eye as her laugh echoed reaching me.

       "You think I've been fighting for him? I though you're much smarter than that!" she sarcastically said.

       "What do you want?" I asked, shaking.

       "I only want to destroy you!" She said so innocently. "I'm your worst dreams and you're the one who chose me."

        "I don’t understand" I said and she laughed again before brushing her hair with her fingers.

        "You didn’t want to have a choice, I only fulfilled your wish. I'll stay behind you, chase you till you fall apart, broken to pieces that shall never be fixed again."

        "what did I do to you? I've always been a good friend to you." I said with a reinforced supply of adrenaline.

        "WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME?!" She screamed at me. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME?" She laughed again, throwing her head backwards as her golden hair flew at her side. "Why don’t you become like Clary?" She mimicked her mother, my mother "Why don’t you bring the perfect grades, Clary? Clary Clary Clary! You've ruined my life!"

       "I didn’t mean to do so." I commented in a soft voice.

       "Yeah yeah whatever, you were everyone's favorite girl, favorite friend and me? Just a little cranky child who does nothing right! You left me alone at the time I needed you the most. You thought time heals everything and the broken child inside would soon be forgotten, but I shall never let you escape."

       Though she succeeded in destroying me, I couldn’t help feel some guilt. She was badly ignored as a child. All because of me. I've never tried to understand that side of me. i denied it till it grew too strong for me to handle or to keep inside, strong enough to stand in front of me, in front of her. she was the one who decided to leave and chose to be separeted.

       "I swear I didn’t mean to hurt by any way I am sorry!" I said in a low voice, stretching my hand for her.

       She looked at my raised hand with disgust and the brightness in her eyes reappeared.

        "I'll always stay your darkest side." She said with a smile. "You won't escape my trap"

        I felt the rocky sand-coloured ground shake underneath my legs as more wind disturbed the sand. I couldn’t see anything; my vision was blurred as a shiver ran through my spin. She was escaping. I started running, moving my legs forward hoping to catch her. My legs obeyed and guided me to nothing. Nothing but nothing. Her smile echoed every where I will be back again. she repeated over and over.  Five minutes later, her voice could no longer be heard, the storm calmed down and the rain started dripping from the sky. Everything became clear once again. But she was out of sight. As I looked at the ground where she was standing, I found a pale writhing flower at her place. I picked the flower up, careful not to tear it apart, knowing 

that when she comes back, I'll be ready.

                                                    

                                                         


                                                    $@Lm@ .

© 2012 smilysoly


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

it is great.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

smilysoly

11 Years Ago

ThanK U !! :D
definitely not the best i could offer, still that piece is so dear to my heart. Every feedback is appreciated. So please leave a comment :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 29, 2012
Last Updated on August 29, 2012

Author

smilysoly
smilysoly

cairo, cairo, Egypt



About
i'm a 15 year old girl, IGCSE student, aiming to be a great author oneday. As a young writer, every feedback and review would be appreciated whether positive or negative :) so don't forget to commen.. more..

Writing