Through my half-opened window

Through my half-opened window

A Story by smilysoly
"

Too afraid to face your love.

"

        It was near sunset, and the sky was all orange and violet stripped with the slightest shadow of pink. With the sun about to fall off the horizon... Here I am standing in the school's empty corridor waiting for my mum to finish all the papers. I kept staring at the sun, knowing it's probably dawn now in anther country. Few minutes later, the sun would rise announcing the beginning of a new day.

       

        Desperately, I sighed at the thought of the distance ... It was only hours left for me her, only hours and I will be gone. I know I should be happy, it's a great country, a bigger home and I would have a room all for myself, but no I wasn't. I wasn't because of him ... I lowered my gaze from the sun and looked at him as he sat there at the porch peacefully looking at the sun as well. I don't know what brought him here today, and I never did. But for what ever was the reason, I was grateful. And I was even more grateful for the distance between us. I don't think he noticed me looking through that half- opened window but he seemed somehow ... Depressed? The idea alone made my heart ache. I wanted to comfort him but I knew I was the last person on Earth to do so. He never liked me... May be he even hates me. I know it! I could see it in his eyes.

         Whenever I see him, I remember that first day I looked at him and just knew he was different. Whenever I met his eyes, it was so hard to look away. Instead, I used to melt in them. Days past... But things ironically got worse.. A bit later, he stopped gazing at me as well. In two months time, whenever any of us see the other, they ignore them and dart there eyes quickly if they accidentally meet. It was that time I was sure he hated me.The problem was in me.

        All these thoughts were humming in my mind when he suddenly looked up. My breath stopped. I don't know whether he meant to look at me in the eyes or he was just roaming around. But it seemed like he was actually looking at me, at that moment my phone rang in my pocket, claiming it's time to go and cruelly interrupting the moment. It seemed like our souls were both connected... I closed my eyes and whispered "I love you"

 

His P.O.V.

        It was sunset, her favourite part of the day. It was the last sunset with her nearby. Few hours and she will be gone. I don't know of she ever thought of me, of how much I like her. Of how her smile affects me. She is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen with the most beautiful hazard- like eyes. Those eyes I used to stare at and get lost in them. It was stupid how I thought she actually did like me at the beginning. But now I better understand. I am the last person who could ever cross her mind. She hates me and I know it ! Whenever she sees me, she pretends I am not there and just look away. I tried to approach her again but I was so scared of making things worse. Now she would be gone and it would no longer be my discourage or her disinterest that would be a barrier. It is something far more powerful... It's distance and time.

          At that moment, I looked up at the school's building knowing she should be there. My breath stopped. She was standing looking through the half opened window, almost gazing in my direction. I don't know if it was only my imagination or she was really looking at me right in the eye, and I never knew. But for the briefest second it seemed like our souls were connected together. She closed her eyes, hiding her deep- brown chocolate eyes from me behind her long eyelashes. At that moment, the words I have been fighting to keep inside were drawn on my lips, "I love You "

© 2012 smilysoly


Author's Note

smilysoly
Don't forget to leave your comment please :) :) Every review would be appreciated

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful! Great job! I like that you have written it from both POV's too.

Posted 11 Years Ago


smilysoly

11 Years Ago

Thank You so Much :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 13, 2012
Last Updated on September 13, 2012

Author

smilysoly
smilysoly

cairo, cairo, Egypt



About
i'm a 15 year old girl, IGCSE student, aiming to be a great author oneday. As a young writer, every feedback and review would be appreciated whether positive or negative :) so don't forget to commen.. more..

Writing