MY LOVE ROBBED MY CASTLE OF SOLITUDE

MY LOVE ROBBED MY CASTLE OF SOLITUDE

A Story by JENY
"

I wrote it for a contest, remembering words of a renowned female writer in malayalam

"

                        MY LOVE ROBBED MY CASTLE OF SOLITUDE

                      Mine was an arranged marriage. Before my marriage solitude was my castle, where I was the king. I never thought that a man would come to rob me off my kingdom. But, I hadn’t the courage to oust him when I thought of sweetness of his kisses on my lips and his embracing hands around me. I was not aware of the magnitude of loss lenience of my psyche regarding his slow, soothing, loving and charming trespass into my kingdom was going to incur upon me.  

                After marriage, whenever I sat at my writing table it took me many hours to write a poem. My powers of attention found it difficult to collect itself in his loving, assuring, omniscience in my life after marriage. I could feel my creative energy flowing down. In each night I discovered my self in his arms at the cost of my creative energy. I was inundating with stories and poems. But somewhere on my way I lost that skill of pouring it out.

                         Now I understood how true Sigmund Freud was, while stating that the same libido works behind both sex and creative writing. The walls of my castle have begun crushing down one by one. And it collapsed totally with the arrival of my first baby.

                  If you ask me weather I am happy now, I will say “Yes I am happy with my husband and my child, we share and care for each other” but in some remote corner of my mind a pain throbs for my lost castle of solitude. Will I get it back once again in this life before my death?

          To gain one thing is to lose other.

 

© 2010 JENY


Author's Note

JENY
I wrote it for a contest, remembering words of a renowned female writer in malayalam

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A powerful write.. It's truly a mystery to me that in this day and age,
some culture's still have arranged marriages...To me it's a violation of
personal choice..To be stripped of ones choice to love who they want.
In my opinion you must know the individual that you spend the rest of
your life with. Example; You wouldn't buy a car just because somebody
says this is the right car for you, You would get in and ask for a test drive.


Posted 13 Years Ago


Love is a sacrifice....but is there love? The emancipation theme also reminds me of "The Story of an Hour," by Kate Chopin.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is an interesting view on a relationship. Although it's clearly saying that marriage has robbed the narrator of her creative powers it's also pointing out the positive aspects of love.

For once the term 'arranged marriage' isn't immediately attacked with negative imagery. There is clearly love here from 'the sweetness of his kisses' to 'his slow, soothing, loving'. This sounds anything but awkward or forced.

The relationship you've struck between sex and creativity is an interesting one and not something I'd thought about before. Maybe poets need loneliness and pain in their lives to be creative? Perhaps it's that rather than the love of another that gives them the spirit to write.

I enjoyed reading this as it has a rather unique point of view and contains good imagery and metaphors.

Posted 13 Years Ago


at first when the speaker said they were the king...I figured it was a male so I was thinking it was two men at first lol...However, after reading the entire poem I could clearly understand the message behind it. Sometimes life is like that....and maybe love is sacrifice...

Posted 13 Years Ago


The castle actually implies your imaginations (Power to poetry), right? Or I understood it that way. Yes, I'm sure you'd have won the price. It's the shortest story I'm yet to come across, and it's awesome. Keep writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I thought this piece was fairly enjoyable to read and I loved the logical thinking behind your words.
Over all, I enjoyed reading this and I love how you wrote it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great piece you have here:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Always wisdom in your words. When the mind and heart is young. We desire great things and dreams. I lost my ability to write for many years with my wife and child coming. Life simple problems can blind us from old thoughts and desires. I like the logic in your words. Last line is the truth. "To gain one thing is to lose other."
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 20, 2010
Last Updated on June 20, 2010

Author

JENY
JENY

Kerala, Thrissur, India



About
friends I am back... more..

Writing
Listen Listen

A Poem by JENY


RESEARCH RESEARCH

A Poem by JENY


IF YOU LEAVE ME IF YOU LEAVE ME

A Poem by JENY



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..