WOMAN

WOMAN

A Poem by JENY
"

wrote it for a contest Nothing But woman

"

WOMAN

Woman!

Oh! She can create for the creator!!

Man is in her name

Almighty made her the beginning of man

Name and fame of him sprout from a womb


W
oman’s womb..

Occult beginning of life

Mother is waiting to be born

After the child who is born

Nexus between two is the artist thereafter.


W
oman….

Omega and alpha of entire family

Mentor of diseases of hearts

Assures her own niche in the minds

Nobody can steal the formula of her success.


W
oman…..

One out of a thousand

Maintains the gift of womanhood that

Almighty bestowed on them with care and love

Not every lady realize the female in her


W
oman…

Opulence of 20th century

Made her forget her gifts innumerable

Anything left as a symbol of woman?

Nothing but her sexy breasts without milk..!!!


W
oman…

Often degrades her self

Moaning for what she is not, she cant..

Atrocities mount, cheer and spawn..

Nowhere can you see their beginning but in woman


W
oman…

Often a mixture of vice and divine

Mixture of wisdom and ignorance

Allocation of sensitivity and cruelty

Never ever should one believe a woman…

© 2010 JENY


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love that you chose to attempt writing this in the form an acrostic poem, it's a challenging thing to do, especially with 7 stanzas! Whilst I applaud you for trying this however, I found myself confused about just what the message was in places, and instead of feeling effortless, I could tell how the letter at the beginning of each line influenced your words. But then I don't see how I could expect it to seem effortless with 7 stanzas :) great work and brilliant idea.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I particullary like that you chose this structure becuase it is a challenging one and it actually will make you think. I love the way you speak of a woman being all things all in one and the last line "Never ever should one bleieve a woman" is commical, but in some ways true. There were times when I was confused about the actual message, but hey they're your words and no one can understand it better than you. Great concept and write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a very interesting way of writing a poem and very challenging as well especially with 7 stanzas. I agree with RichardP in that the structure has influenced your wording. I was very confused exactly what the message was that you were trying to relate. At times, I got the feeling that you were showing reverence to women and then at other times it seemed like you were showing them as subordinate and then at other times shallow. I agree that women have many faces, but I don't think that the poem structure justified that thought. Very interesting though!

Posted 13 Years Ago


You seem to cover just about every aspect of a woman in this poem and the structure you've used with the first letter of each stanza spelling out the word 'woman' is an interesting approach.

There are some really interesting images in here but the very strict structure you've adoped seems to have influenced your wording of some sentences. Sometimes I get an impression that a particular phrase is used because it fits the scheme rather than has an obvious meaning. The line, "occult beginning of life" is an example of this - it could be an intersting line of thought if it was amongst lines of a similar type but it's not so it stands out as a little contrived.

Overal I'd say this poem is entertaining in the variety and number of different faces of womankind you've revealed and the structure is an interesting experiment.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh BTW, Did you place in the contest?

Posted 13 Years Ago


Amazing series of poems

Posted 13 Years Ago


Keep writing. I love have you have created a poem of the word Woman. Creative. So much talent !

Posted 13 Years Ago


A woman is all things ... but not to everyone.
I enjoyed this write until the last line...for
why would one think such a thought?
Interesting :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


"Oh! She can create for the creator!!" -- I didn't quite understand that. I liked 'Not every lady realizes the female in her', well said. Again "Opulence of the 20th century" was confusing. Please remove the word 'Sexy', it affects the poem. The last stanza was a jem to the whole poem. A Very well constructed acrostic. :)

Keep writing :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Once again an awesome poem made from the use of words. Women are many thing and you brought that out nicely here. Awesome job again!

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

623 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 7, 2010
Last Updated on July 9, 2010
Tags: Woman

Author

JENY
JENY

Kerala, Thrissur, India



About
friends I am back... more..

Writing
Listen Listen

A Poem by JENY


RESEARCH RESEARCH

A Poem by JENY


IF YOU LEAVE ME IF YOU LEAVE ME

A Poem by JENY



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


KEEP QUIET KEEP QUIET

A Poem by JENY


SEE MY TEARS SEE MY TEARS

A Poem by JENY