Me, Myself and I.

Me, Myself and I.

A Story by Samantha Jenkins
"

A little tidbit for you to get to know me.

"
When you look at me, you might see someone who is confident and has it all under control. Underneath it all, I am a complete mess.

    I dress with confidence, it makes me feel good when I know people like how I look. Sometimes I do not care, and others I put together an outfit a lot of other people would never try to wear. I like going to the thrift stores and finding things, I would never wear but making them work. I like a challenge, I want to make a trend one day. 

Makeup for me is always fun, I enjoy doing new things. I look up things on Pinterest and practice them if it doesn’t look right I try again til I like it. Then I have a new look. Some days it looks wack, but I still leave the house. 

I cut and dye my hair all the time, I just recently cut it short. Did not like it at first and thought others would hate it but I found a way to like it. I dyed it shortly afterward, and now I am in love. Even if I did not like it, hair will grow out always been my outlook on it.

I feel like I am average built, but I am working on getting to be a bit skinnier. I have a bit of a small bulge in my tummy, I just do not like. I wear a Fitbit and I always work on getting all my goals and feel left down if I don’t. Being healthy is hard, but something to work on because we all need work.

Now for the mess of my insides, I am an anxious wreck. I always think someone is being fake to me, acting like my friend but not really my friend. I freak out all the time, I have meltdowns that leave me feeling out of control. I am impulsive in so many ways, with choices, purchases and anything that can wreck me. I am anal, and I always over do everything. It drives people crazy when I get annoyed when they do not see things my way when needing to get things done.

I am in love, and it is one of the hardest things for my to fathom. It is hard for me to be a part of something when I am so used to be alone. Used to being lied to, used, played and everything bad that can happen in relationships. It is hard for me to trust. I’ve known him for five years and had a close friendship. In a relationship for seven months, my longest yet. I still find it hard to trust, even after all that time and things we have been through. He tests my will and patience and so far I have been pretty good at keeping myself in check.

This is me in a nutshell, yes there is more to me and one day you all may know it. This is all about me, but I did not want to say the basics even though the basics make me, me too. Maybe that will be another day.

© 2016 Samantha Jenkins


Author's Note

Samantha Jenkins
I wrote another prompt from the journal. Working on my way of writing either, to make it more imaginative and working on my grammar. Hope you enjoy it and give good critism.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LM
Aww I love this, this is very beautiful and very personal. Its like taking a part of you and throwing it out to the winds to see if anyone or any thing will catch it and ride the current. I know you say you have a lot to work on as all writers do but I think you did a great job. =)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Samantha Jenkins

7 Years Ago

Thank-you so much, I really do need to write more. O have missed it. Maybe I will get something done.. read more
LM

7 Years Ago

Awesome :)
Very detailed. I especially liked the part when you were telling about your "insides", very relatable , and the flow of those two paragraphs, read rather well. The first part of the piece reads just a little choppy like you are listing a bunch of qualities, which is fine if this is just to supposed to be a get to know you piece like you have in the quotations. Despite the slight bit of choppiness, I still feel like this is descriptive enough for a good read/feel on you. That as a reader, I do have a sense of you as a person. Keep writing! :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Samantha Jenkins

7 Years Ago

Awe, thank you so much. I will work on the beginning and reread it and see about making some changes.. read more
your fears are all the normal ones everyone experiences sometimes in life surprisingly even the ones who appear very confident suffers too. very detailed ;)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Samantha Jenkins

7 Years Ago

I mean mine were overdramatic and all the time, it was horrible. I am on anxiety meds and for the mo.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 12, 2016
Last Updated on July 12, 2016

Author

Samantha Jenkins
Samantha Jenkins

About
Sitting down, head filled with thoughts, notebooks filled with ramblings to be sorted, a blank sheet of paper ready for a story to unfold. I am a dreamer, a human that makes mistakes, one willing t.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Samantha Jenkins