The Cat Lady

The Cat Lady

A Story by Sofia Brun
"

When a woman goes bat s**t crazy and no one is there for her.

"
Her name was Annabel and she did not have any friends. She lived in a house with over 14 cats and she shared her meals with them. It reeked of odors a decent home should not have. When you walked in your eyes would swell to a teary burn; Annabel did not care for the people who visited her so she thanked the odor of cat piss on her couch. She preferred the company a cat could give; not a worry about how she looked or what silly thing she'd say.
Each morning Annabel would wake up to the sound of desperately hungry cats and a stuffy red nose. She'd walk to the bathroom in PJs and all to blow out her nose and brush her teeth clean. Annabel spent the rest of her morning feeding tuna into the mouths of each cat until lunch time arrived. Instead of eating something herself, she took out a battered old brush and got one of her cats and begun brushing him free of the knots in his long rugged fur. Annabel's hair could've used a good brushing as well, but she was far too busy.
An unexpected knock on the door turned this gentle and fragile young lady into someone so vile and rude no one would want to have her around. She swung the door open with rage in her eyes and the cats all came pouring out. They ran and ran, not ever coming back. Annabel's eyes drowned themselves in tears. They were gone. Why'd she even open the door? She cupped her hands to her face and fell to the ground.
"Oh, my dear. Not even these old cat's love you now," Annabel's brother shook his head at the poor girl's denial.
With these words Annabel looked up at her brother for seconds that felt like hours. She then got up and turned to the man and slapped him square in the face. She pushed him down her porch stairs and told him to leave in a violent plead. He knew what she'd be doing tonight but he would not stop the naive girl as he slowly got up and left. He did not believe his sister could succeed in doing such a thing.
Annabel looked in her house and felt far too alone. She made friends with a bottle of vodka, some pills, and cigarettes. She crawled in her bed never to awake. The next morning she was there, dreadful smells all around. What an awful death. Vomit and ashes all spread around. The bitterness of vodka tinged the air. No one noticed she was missing until days later when her brother came back to apologize; he walked in and almost fainted at the sight. It had always smelled bad in this home but never of death, but that wasn't what surprised him most. There was a cat lying down next to his sister's disgusting rotting corpse.

THE END

© 2014 Sofia Brun


Author's Note

Sofia Brun
I have no idea what this is to be honest. I just wanted to play around with the crazy cat lady idea; I will probably be doing this some more.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Holy guacamole... Still lost? Try freakin' creepy as hell. (Or you could always try horror. That works, I reckon.) This was definitely unnerving.
And the sentence "It had always smelled bad in this home but never of death..." Ah. That lone phrase stood out to me for some reason. Good job!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mother_Yolk

9 Years Ago

It's creepy because cats. I mean, the cat came back and laid next to her rotting corpse? That's pret.. read more
Sofia Brun

9 Years Ago

Sounds loyal and cute to me, haha. I'm messed up in the head, so yeah.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.



Reviews

Holy guacamole... Still lost? Try freakin' creepy as hell. (Or you could always try horror. That works, I reckon.) This was definitely unnerving.
And the sentence "It had always smelled bad in this home but never of death..." Ah. That lone phrase stood out to me for some reason. Good job!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mother_Yolk

9 Years Ago

It's creepy because cats. I mean, the cat came back and laid next to her rotting corpse? That's pret.. read more
Sofia Brun

9 Years Ago

Sounds loyal and cute to me, haha. I'm messed up in the head, so yeah.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
1 Review
Added on April 22, 2014
Last Updated on April 23, 2014
Tags: cat, lady, short story, scene, poem, crazy, insane, suicide, depression, mental illness, mental, cat lady

Author

Sofia Brun
Sofia Brun

Brasilia - DF, AL, Brazil



About
I am the sofa master. more..

Writing
Love Love

A Poem by Sofia Brun


The Flock The Flock

A Story by Sofia Brun