You

You

A Story by Rain Kissed Secret

A silver box is held up in front of me like a beacon. I look up into his sparkling blue eyes and shield mine with my bangs. I feel a feather light touch on my chin as my face is lifted up, a spark so deep I ache as lips brush against mine.

"Happy birthday my Love" says a whisper in my ear.

He entangles himself around me, engulfing me with his flames. I try and pull back from the burning, the pain but its too much. Too much of my addiction. Temptation. I melt into nothing as I stand there with silent tears running down my face.

He's the one that pulls back after our eternity. With a thumb he races my tears down my cheek till they reach the ground. Just to start again where they started.

He looks pained. I imagine a stake ruining my one and only soothing lullaby. Driving itself deep into his heart with me at it's source. A silent no escapes my lips. Just as effective as if I had shouted it.

I look at the package - once so pretty now the reason of this blasphemy- and pick it up undoing it with a quick pull of the string.

Inside lays a crystallized teardrop at the end of a chain of gold.

I hear a voice speak so coldly.

"It's lovely. Thank you" 

I hide myself again. Smiling so tightly. Eyes cast down on our shoes.

"What's wrong?"

He brings my face up again. Still I do not meet his eyes.

"It's nothing.. It's just not what I wanted."

I pull back. Out of his touch.. to think. not to hurt.

Again the stake comes to mind. Again and again it empails itself in him.

".....I don't understand. I thought it was perfect."

This catches my attention. This time I feel the stake. I look at him. Almost glaring.

"I don't want your gifts. I don't want your fake promises. I don't want to call you and see that your busy, or that you don't even recognize that it's me on the phone. I don't want to cry every night because I know deep in my heart that you won't stay with me as long as I want to stay with you. what I do want is a promise of my future. I want you, but, I can't have you.."

With a last lingering glance I put down the curse that has disguised itself as a gift and walk only a few steps before I am stopped. He hugs me as tight as he can as I go limp. Burying my head on his shoulder. He whispers again.

"You do have me."

... a tear escapes my control and then I slip into my denial again..

 

© 2010 Rain Kissed Secret


Author's Note

Rain Kissed Secret
Probably some spelling issues. I hope you enjoyed it. This one actually woke me up. >.< i was so mad. but i mean come on! lol it was okay. Fun almost. ^-^

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is pretty. :) I like it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Grasping the reality of the situation, rise and fall, then more decline! Awesome work!
xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is really good, the detail and emotion I myself could really feel. I'm guessing there was a problem with indenting, which I've noticed myself having. It's really good and I liked it alot.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is very good, oh and by the way, I've decided to read and review all of your writing peices, but I'm not going to rate, I'm too harsh of a rater and reviewer so I'll only review. Ok I have a suggestion on the down down down thing when he was tracing her tears. Only make it one down, the repetitive deal only works with certain atmospheres and this isn't it. Otherwise this was a very touching peice and well written.

Luna

Posted 14 Years Ago


I really enjoyed reading this. Good descriptions and powerful emotions are the best points of this story. Also it's length is good, even though I wished I could keep reading it, I felt like I wanted more. But don't get me wrong..it was amazing! Just watch your spelling and grammar. You had quite a few fragments too, so maybe a more through editing would help you catch the little mistakes. I know it probably doesn't sound important, but little things like spelling make a difference to most readers. Oh but you did have an intense ending!!! =] keep up this great work ~ byebye

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 27, 2009
Last Updated on January 24, 2010

Author

Rain Kissed Secret
Rain Kissed Secret

Boney Lake, WA



About
I have a silver lining. more..

Writing