The Silent Child

The Silent Child

A Poem by solitare
"

When your world is dark, surrender to your imagination to find some light.

"
I sit sadly
smiling safely
scared that its raining (inside)
I surrender to fairytale castles above the ominous clouds (outside)
gathering illusions, inventive words and illuminous colours to cloak myself in.
Submissively I spiral down the firemans pole
twisting all the way to the dark desolate ground.
I look up and see the rainbow rising
while letting the silence stain me again.
Beneath black shapeless puddles surround
I look down to mind them
forgetting to look up.

© 2011 solitare


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

First of all I would like to say thank you for your review! Now for your poem.

The description confused me a little bit (ok, a lot) but the poem itself was wonderful! I liked the descriptive words that you used. The poem also flowed well from line to line, which is very good and makes for a pleasent read.

The only thing that I would suggest is the words inside the parenthesises. Is there any way that you can incorperate them into the poem itself, without the parenthesises? Or if that's not possible, you might want to include more of them so they don't look so out of place.

Other than that I thought you did a great job. Thank you for writing and welcome to the Cafe!
~Aurora

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
1 Review
Added on May 2, 2011
Last Updated on September 13, 2011
Tags: youth, fear, silent child, communication, imagination, escape, poem

Author

solitare
solitare

Perth, Australia



About
To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild flower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour. — William Blake, Auguries of Innocence more..

Writing
Unalone Unalone

A Poem by solitare


6 Seconds 6 Seconds

A Poem by solitare