Status Update

Status Update

A Poem by Sophia Beatrice
"

In which I watch him be happy with someone else.

"

The downside to adding your crush on Facebook is watching them fall in love with someone else. Click. Fourteen hours ago, he changes his profile picture. He's with a girl. Click. Nineteen hours ago, he is in a relationship with someone. Click. Her name is Kaley Bummerfield, or Buzzerville, or Banana. Her last name doesn't matter because he is in love with her and someday, it will change to accommodate his. And it doesn't matter how good my name sounded with his last, because it belongs to her now whether she knows it or not. Because I know that he will marry the living daylights out of her. I know, because he's told me this before and I prayed to God that it would be me. Click. She's a redhead. He always told me that I looked good when I dyed my hair that same bloody color, but I guess it looks better on her. Click. They're in his car, the same one he asked me about right before he bought it. Click. He took her to see the fireflies that he promised me. Makes me wonder, how many versions of me has he fallen in love with? The fireflies were beautiful, but I guess I can't look at them now without falling apart. Click. He promised me forever, but I guess I managed to convince him otherwise, but at least now I know that I was right. Forever is a lie. Forever is a picture of them by the waterfalls. I want to burn it. Forever were the words he whispered to me in Latin. Cor meum sarmonus ursuduntum. My heart lies in the west. Maybe it lies there because that is where she is, maybe he's been trying to tell me all along. But how can I lose something... Someone I never had? How can I yearn for forever when I know that it does not exist? Click. I close the page. I don't unfriend him. Because I hope that someday, he'll see me on his newsfeed. I hope that someday, he'll watch me fall in love.

© 2015 Sophia Beatrice


Author's Note

Sophia Beatrice
**Cor meum sarmonus ursuduntum is not accurate. I've tried to find the correct one, but I do not speak Latin. I merely based it on what I heard. If you can, please do correct it. Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this. I think a lot of people can relate to loving someone who loves someone else who seemingly has all their qualities. "how many versions of me has he fallen in love with?" is such a perfect line. Great poem.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Sophia Beatrice

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much, that really means a lot.
This is beautiful and heartfelt. A modern poem that reminds me of seeing my friends on Facebook. Good work, this was an incredible poem. It was realistic and creative. Great job! :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Sophia Beatrice

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
Yeah using Latin can be a real pain because there's not many people who can say if you're using the words correctly. I still really loved this though. We've definitely all been in this position at some point in our lives.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Sophia Beatrice

8 Years Ago

It is, I just went with what I heard haha. Thank you though!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

393 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 10, 2015
Last Updated on December 10, 2015
Tags: status, update, love, heartbreak, girl, boy, teen