This actually happened.

This actually happened.

A Story by Sophie
"

a possible new book, should i keep going?

"


Life sucks. And there you have it, you'd be surprised how quickly you'll pick this up once you hit puberty.

I hate that word, it's so disgusting, I don't care for it's meaning either, but the word itself is grotesque. I mean, they couldn't have picked a better word for it's meaning: pa-yew-burt-ee. Ugh.

But back to the point of this, the point of this book/memoir thingy is not to discuss the yuckiness of the word puberty, but survival of the fittest. Or in this case, prettiest.

Love. Another word that I'll discuss, but to greater extent and throughout this book, not in one short paragraph. Do I know it? Sadly, yes. I'm sure it could be wonderful, like everything the books describe and the movies show, but when you're alone in it, all it is is pain. For me, it started out as a crush, I liked this guy because he talked to me like we were friends, which always does me in, but even so, I think I would've liked him anyway. But maybe not to the extent that I did... or, rather, do. I think. And you'd think after years of liking boys, and it never working out, and a few tries at telling them how I felt and those attempts failing, that I'd get wiser. Well, I had, but I figured... maybe? And so, I told my friend, who was his friend (which now I question, because they don't talk at all) to tell him. Which I now realize, is not the best approach and makes you look very childish, but like I'd be able to do it myself. And so, with his reaction, actually hilarious to me, being: “I DON'T KNOW! I DON'T KNOW! I DON'T KNOW!” and him running away down the stairs for a minute (which now I look back on and think, he ran!? What the hell is that supposed to mean!?) I waited until the next day for an answer, it was dismissal. It was Thursday, January 20th, 2011, and I was still writing 2010 on my papers. I heard there was supposed to be a snow day tomorrow, and had it been normal circumstances, I would have been ecstatic, but these weren't normal circumstances, I just told the boy I had a crush on for three months that I liked him, and I was sleeping over my grandparents' house. If there was a snow day, I'd have to wait for THREE DAYS to find out if he would say yes or not.

Inevitably, he didn't.


I waited months, clinging to some false hope... and here we are, a year, a month, and three days later.

© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
should i keep going?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Intersting. This reminds me very much of my friend's situation, and I agree with Tegon Maus' comment. As for contining this story, I say go for it. It could become a very worthwhile book, and could hold some prominent advise for other teens. Great start. Thank you.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think you should keep going. It looks like an interesting story you seem to hold.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sophie... why in the worldwould you wait 1 year, 1 month and three days ?? He had his chance, he lost out... move on. He doesn't deserve you. If you want to know anything... ask. Stand up be proud to be you, don't send a puppet to do your work... Character takes courage

Posted 12 Years Ago


keep it up ....... keep going great work on this .. yes you should make it longer and more interesting ...
make it into a long chapter book if you want to

Posted 12 Years Ago


That sucks that that happened. I don't have the guts to tell the guy that I like that I like him.tho, for some reason, I think he knows that I like him. this can't end well for me:( . And Yes you should! this is sooo good. And it would be something new for you to write 'cause you don't seem to normally write about yourself.

Posted 12 Years Ago


yes!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Definitely!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 23, 2012
Last Updated on February 23, 2012

Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Two- Ash Two- Ash

A Chapter by Sophie