Thirty-Two- extra chapter

Thirty-Two- extra chapter

A Chapter by Sophie
"

last chapter before the action starts again!

"

Chapter 32


extra chapter


The plane ride is long, and the baby in my stomach won't stop moving. I am going to an abortion clinic and meeting my dealer, I ran out of coke a few days ago, but my weed is still in stock. I figured I could just tell my husband I had a miscarriage on the plane, he wanted the baby, but I “was sure the plane wouldn't do anything'. Not really. I'm jittery and craving some coke, just another two hours, I can make it.

Then something floods my sweat pants. I look down. A wet stain spreads on the crotch. And then pain racks me.

“OH MY GOD, I'M IN LABOR!” I scream. The man next to me shies away from me like I'm diseased. I unbuckle, not really knowing what I plan to do, go to the bathroom or something? There's no way this thing can live, it's only been five months.

“Is anyone here a doctor?” A flight attendant rushes to my side. A woman holds up her hand and rushes over to me.

“How far along are you?” She asks, lying me down in the isle of the plane.

“Five months.” I gasp as another contraction grips my body in a death grip. The doctor starts taking off my pants and underwear.

“Are- are we really going to have her give birth on the floor of this plane?” The flight attendant asks. The doctor glares, then snaps, “If we're lucky, we'll be at least descending when it happens.”

The next hour is excruciating, waiting for me to “dilate” enough to give birth. Contraction after contraction, experienced mothers watch in pity, while boys look away in disgust. The lucky ones sleep through the screaming.

We've started our descent.

“Okay, Eliza, on the count of ten, you have to push, okay?” The doctor says. I nod. “One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, push!” I push with all my might. This continues and soon, screaming fills the plane, but not mine, the baby's. It's not dead? Is the first thought that flashes across my mind.

“A girl.” The doctor says, “but we need to get her to a hospital right away, she won't live long this undeveloped. But we need a name, what are you going to name her?”

“Um, doctor? She's loosing a lot of blood.” The flight attendant says before I can answer. I'm tired, so tired. My eyelids droop and I whisper one last sentence, “Airborne, her name is Airborne.”


I wake up outside my body.

I've died. I watch my deformed baby in the hospital, small and frail and hooked up to too many machines to count. She sleeps, her tiny chest rising and falling quickly, her tiny lungs filling up too fast. Patrick will take care of her, better than I would have.

And suddenly I'm sinking.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
She goes to hell because of her druggy and uncaring attitude, and because she didn't love anything other than herself, not because she did drugs and wanted an abortion.
REviews please :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, you’ve given away so much already. She has a husband and is on drugs I mean you’ve given so many elements without rambling on in a descriptive way. You’ve given bare essentials. Wow 5 months literally is the cut off for having an abortion. I’d like to know why she waited so long. Maybe we could have more on what hooked her on coke? Does her hubby know she takes it? Did he start her on it?
A few grammar issues like “live” when you mean alive but proof-reading can fix that! And loosing? You mean losing.
“I’ve died” is a little anti-climatic to me. It felt like you had a good original story and gave up here. Why not? ‘What the hell? I don’t feel anything...’ then describe her floating and the slow realisation as she pieces together ‘omg I’m dead...’
Sinking? Where to? Describe it properly. Is she headed for hell because she wanted to abort the baby? And coke. Don’t toss it in there and never revisit it!
Overall, a good read though! I like original stories. It could be longer, so we care for your character rather than ‘oh well’ at the end.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Well i think it's such a nice plot and like Amanda Faulkner,i hope the baby makes it.Great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow very intense!! I hope they baby makes it! You have such a way with writing!! great job!!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

350 Views
3 Reviews
Added on June 3, 2012
Last Updated on June 3, 2012

We Are the Children


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie