letting go

letting go

A Story by Echo
"

the ties that keep us bound friends are delicate but some can be strong

"
  Robert was a mean old man until one day. 
IN the winter morning, Robert wonder were was all the people as he rounded the corner gf his street. he seen no sign of life not even from his nosy neighbors. Where could everyone have gone so quickly? Robert shrugged his shoulders and headed home thinking this was some elaborate prank on him. as he  turned around he saw something move in the shadow of the yard. he speed up to see what it was, but their was nothing here but a tree and tires. what I could have sworn I seen something Robert thought.
  I must be going made then, no you just cant see it, said a voice from behind. Robert turn to find a women standing right behind him arms cross. wh-when did you get behind me. I have been trailing you for the past mile and a half. what I never say you once, are you pulling a prank or something. the reason you cant see is because you are in limbo. limbo? what are you talking bout I have not died yet and I'm a good person. who said you were a good person, do you have amnesia or something?
  no I don't have amnesia I would know if I did. The girl gave him a look that would suggest other wise. you honestly don't remember how you died, well I going to help you remember, said the girl. Huh, it seems to me that you are crazy and need to be in a mental institution, so I will go along if only you promise to get help. the girl thought about it and nodded saying that once you remember then I will get help. it a deal, now where do we start then? you already have, she said looking at him. How I haven't done nothing but run and returned home aside from talking to you. she smiled but had no teeth,   making Robert jump back. why you have no teeth, did someone knock the out? oh this, you did it. Robert look at the girl like she was crazy. when did I ever hurt you, I just met you. then considered what around you and figure out how it happen, she said as she headed in the house.
  Robert stared after her then followed suit, thinking that if he find the police she was gone. as he entered the house  wondering where was everybody in this town. Robert was surprise about where he find the girl to be. she was asleep in his room, anger went through him blurring his vision.  he was about to move her when he heard her whisper a name "Leonardo", Leonardo, who was he? Robert turn when she woke saying where you going? just for some water. please stay with me until I fall back to sleep. ok Robert said returning her to the bed and kiss her noggin. Robert settle in a chair beside the bed.

© 2016 Echo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on December 19, 2016
Last Updated on December 19, 2016

Author

Echo
Echo

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Echo


passage of hope passage of hope

A Book by Echo