when?

when?

A Poem by inkonpaper
"

From absolute sadness to perseverance & the road to recovery.

"

When you are just alone and tired of feeling solitary, drained and fatigued.

When you can feel the heavy weight of depression, of sadness on top of you like a boulder tight against your chest, crushing your strengths, weakening all the good that was left.

When you hold back the tears, chaotic and frenzied, but you know that they are going to escape what little security you have locked behind your eyelids.

When you try and try and try to ignore, to suppress, to restrain, but it keeps on coming back, leaving you empty until only an ounce of hope builds up again then coming back to steal what little you had made.

When you give up.

When you give up.

When you give up.

When you don’t give up.

When you know you will win if you persevere, if you are determined, if you are ardent for first place, for the gold medal, for the crown.

When, even though you fall, tumble, bump and brake and bruise, you get back up, use that little bit of faith simmering inside you, using it as fuel to finally pull yourself up instead of letting it drag you down.

When you burst, when you burn bright, burn bright like stars and cry and shake and fall. But no, cry tears of joy, shake with new-found victory and fall amongst the brave & worthy soldiers of humanity, joining with all the people who died with anguish and heartache but were reborn with strength and resilience.

When?

That’s up to you to decide.

© 2016 inkonpaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on June 11, 2016
Last Updated on July 28, 2016
Tags: sad, upset, depressed, depression, determination, perseverance, when, when?, recovery, alone, tired, tears, crying, resilience, decisions, suppress, don't give up, give up, never give up, goals, goal

Author

inkonpaper
inkonpaper

United Kingdom



About
16. Been through more than my fair share. But my experiences have aided me in living and breathing through words. more..

Writing
age, 16 age, 16

A Poem by inkonpaper


love, not love, not

A Poem by inkonpaper