Write a scene about what she found in the notebook on the seat next to her.

Write a scene about what she found in the notebook on the seat next to her.

A Story by speckledbyrd

Alice looked up from her phone at the coffee shop across the street. The squat, brick building stood out like an eyesore in this part of town.  She had been sitting on the bench across the street for nearly 20 minutes, dreading the meeting with her aunt. Margaret had not seen her niece in almost 10 years.  The only memories Alice had of her were looks of disdain from under heavily mascaraed eyelashes. Needless to say the memories were not fond.

Alice’s phone buzzed in her hand.

“I’m here. Where are you?” the message read.

Slipping her phone in her pocket with grim determination Alice made to stand when she noticed a piece of notebook paper on the bench next to her.  This was nothing unusual except for the fact it had her name on it.  Unfolding the paper while becoming increasingly confused, Alice read the note.

“Run.” What? Alice thought looking around her when across the street she spied her aunt stepping out of the coffee shop followed by two men.  Alice’s heart started to pound when she noticed Margaret’s eyes were not the icy blue she remember, but white. All white.

Alice took off down the street.

© 2015 speckledbyrd


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

a very intriguing ending. nice buildup to the final surprise. I really like this.
could there be a follow up I wonder? but it can also stand as it is, I feel.

Posted 8 Years Ago


speckledbyrd

8 Years Ago

Thank you! As of right now I am leaving it as it is, but you never know. I might get bored one day a.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
1 Review
Added on April 7, 2015
Last Updated on April 7, 2015