Cadence

Cadence

A Story by SpeedyHobbit Armstrong
"

A LOTR drouble fanfic about Aragorn's struggles as a much faster walker than the hobbits.

"

“Striderrrr! Please slow down!  You’re walking too fast! My legs are going to fall off if we keep this up!” Pippin groused. The hobbits were lagging several yards behind him- again.


Aragorn bit back an irritated retort. Ever since they’d left Bree, grumbles about his speed were nearly as commonplace as complaints about hunger. Meanwhile, he’d already checked himself to an infuriatingly slow pace, knowing hobbits to have much shorter legs and himself to be a much faster walker than most humans. It would be impossible to further lessen his cadence without stopping after every other step. Shortening his stride would only quicken his turnover. Have patience, Aragorn. These smallfolk were unused to the grueling demands of the Wild.


“We must make haste if we are to get to Rivendell safely” the Ranger reminded the hobbits.  He managed to slow down ever so slightly so the gap would lessen, though whether it would last he could not guess. It was unnatural for his long legs to move sluggishly. If he proved fortunate, the pace would satisfy the hobbits at last. Hopefully his legs wouldn’t get so used to being slow that they’d be rendered unable to go fast again as needed. 

© 2015 SpeedyHobbit Armstrong


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was quite humorous, one could smile imagining Mr. Long Legs having trouble completing his journey with the tiny hobbits. Wonderful amplification and great narration.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SpeedyHobbit Armstrong

8 Years Ago

Thanks so much for dropping by and reviewing! This occurred to a short fellow LOTR fangirl and I whe.. read more
I like this. It's well written and cute.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SpeedyHobbit Armstrong

8 Years Ago

Thanks so much, surname twin!
Having read the Lord of the Rings cover-to-cover several times, I often thought that this is the way Aragorn felt.

Coincidentally, I bought a book called The Characters of Tolkien from an antique store today. It's full of wonderful illustrations!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SpeedyHobbit Armstrong

8 Years Ago

I wish I could see those illustrations! And yes indeed.. the struggles of being the tall one! :,D
Love this. I already liked Strider but the humorous situation of leg length is handled well from Stider's serious pov.

Posted 9 Years Ago


SpeedyHobbit Armstrong

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much for dropping by and reviewing! [=

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

380 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 19, 2015
Last Updated on April 19, 2015
Tags: fanfiction, drouble, Aragorn, hobbits

Author

SpeedyHobbit Armstrong
SpeedyHobbit Armstrong

Long Island, NY



About
My name is Cher Armstrong, also known as Speedy Hobbit. I'm a USATF athlete in racewalking for the Raleigh Walkers club team. I just graduated from Queens College in Queens borough in New York Ci.. more..

Writing