Don't be Afraid

Don't be Afraid

A Poem by spence
"

An attempt to simplify politics and economics (in their current form) and causal factors in the acceptance of the cancerous, self-perpetuating order that qualifies their validity.

"

Don't be afraid of politics and economics!

 

The rich and powerful try to intelectualise their nepotistic versions of these dealings in an attempt to create aversions to learnings that they legitamise as wise.

 

Realise that politics and economics are not too complicated for the common perception to actualise.

 

They're really very simple things to define...

 

...to analogise...

 

...through their eyes...


Politics: is like playing poker (while your opponent has a royal flush and all the aces hidden up their sleeve!)

 
Economics: is like playing Monopoly (while the banker pockets the cash when you aren't looking!)

 

... elitist expressions are fixed as they dazzle minds with their latest underhand tricks; statistics and logistics that foster fear of the risk that without them all the problems they created can't be fixed...

 

...but it's because we believe the crisis' they conceive that these games are always won by those who ruthlessly deceive...

 

...to the detriment of humanity :'-(

© 2011 spence


Author's Note

spence
Written in the capacity of an 'informal educator' and specifically aimed at young people/people with little knowledge of or interest in politics and economics and their impact on current global affairs. I'm no expert on either so if you can think of any additions, omissions, amendments, et al- would like to offer advice or guidance, links to learning resources for people to peruse, etc, please feel free! We're all informal educators and students of life after all!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

311 Views
Added on October 31, 2011
Last Updated on October 31, 2011

Author

spence
spence

Grimsby, United Kingdom



About
Just returning to WritersCafe after a couple of years in the wilderness of life. I'm a 40 year old (until December 2013, at least) father of two, former youth and community worker, sometime socio-pol.. more..

Writing