Channeling The New Age

Channeling The New Age

A Chapter by spizz567

It was called The New Age. Technology boomed, economy rose and nations worked cohesively. Poverty decreased, life expectancy rose to 200 and crime came to a sudden halt. Corruption, deceit and murder appeared no more. It was an era of wealth, family, education and privilege. All under The One Earth Government. The Rising Sun is what they called themselves. Mr. X and Mrs. X control the world and make sure it fits in with their vision. If something does not appear to work. They fix it. Their methods are discreet, unheard of and deadly. Of course, unbeknownst to the rest of the world. Unbeknownst to me. Until I refused their chip. Their method of control. Until I, Weston Hughes, along with my trusted companions Estelle Nevis, Clay Ridge and Lorelei Vail were chosen. We were chosen by the rebellion, to end their everlasting dynasty.
The four wheel drive parked abruptly in front of the old, wooden, run down ranch. The pale moon light, gleaming at the companions within the silver, smoking vehicle. Bullet holes marked their territory on the car. I clutched onto the leather steering wheel and furrowed my brow. Confusion spread across my face like wild fire. We had merely escaped having our brains implanted and mutilated to work for The Rising Sun's regime. 
"What are we going to do?" Estelle's brooding gaze hovered over me. What were they to do?
"We can . . . Join the resistance?" Clay advised sternly from the back.
"The resistance is no use . . . Father told me they're weak" Lorelei muttered. The heiress's father was a Rising Sun official officer. So was her mother. Clay was skeptical of her, however, I was trusting. Silence loomed over us as we knew she was right. The rebellion was a waste. 
"We can . . ." Clay began and trailed back into his thoughts. 
"We can spend the night here and get gas in the morning" Grumpily, I wondered out of the car and into the ranch. The door was unlocked, and opened easily. Negativity loomed within the abandoned ranch as I could faintly make out a "Living Room" in the dark in front of me. Two red old couches resided side by side, torn at the sides. The three entered the ranch. Estelle pried open the kitchen cabinets and searched the area while Clay and Lorelei ventured upstairs. I sat on the couch alone in the dark, re- living the nightmare which had turned into a reality.
I was ordered into a single filed line. I clutched my younger sister's hand. She trembled in fear, swallowing trying to regain her composure. The R- Sun guards patrolled us with their guns in hand. We were in a field with barbed wire, and tall fences locking us in. Guard dogs barked at us kept us in line. I swallowed and fought back a chocking tear. This was where they were going to kill us. Shot as in the line, for declining the RS Smart chip. We were going to die.
They aggressively parted the stronger from the weak. I was regarded as one of the stronger prisoners, and they forced me into hard labor. My sister was a weakling, I haven't seen her since. We dug holes. Graves. Everyday, every night, little breaks in between. We stopped, we were dead. That was where I met Clay. He had survived the extermination camps. They saw better use for him, so sent him here. At the Northern Winter Labor Camp. Lorelei, was in the royalty camp a few miles South. Since she was to take over her parents several military bases and estates once they die. However, since she was used as a political prisoner, the estates were signed onto Mr. X's daughter. Alenka X.
We escaped the Labor Camps. It was a cold winter's night. There was rumors of a rebellion inside the camp. No action. Whilst I tried to sleep in my bunker, an explosion ripped my door open. Clay and other prisoners scoured in and freed us from our chains. I remember him carrying me out. I was weak. He had stolen food. Because of the commotion, we were able to escape through an exit in the medic rooms.
We wounded up at the Royalty Camp. There, Lorelei begged us to set her free through the barbed gates. We hid out of the scouring spotlight. Clay said to leave her, I convinced him to set her free. Since he had left over bomb material, he quickly made one and threw it over. Lorelei hid and the explosion rippled the gates open. The trio, the prisoners ran into the woods and hid from the officers who began searching for us.


© 2013 spizz567


Author's Note

spizz567
Cast:
Andrew Garfield as Weston Hughes
Kaya Scodelario as Estelle Nevis
Cara Delevingne as Lorelei Vail
Colton Haynes as Clay Ridge

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like the set up. There a few things that could use improvement like this sentence "The pale moon light, gleaming at the companions within the silver, smoking vehicle" It appears you are telling the story in first person which is cool but that sentence sounds like it was in the thrid person.

This part read a bit weird
I remember him carrying me out. I was weak. He had stolen food.

Could you increase the font size so it easier to read. Expanding this might make for a great action scene

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

spizz567

10 Years Ago

Definitely, thanks for the review :) I uploaded the second chapter. If possible, could you please ch.. read more



Reviews

I like the set up. There a few things that could use improvement like this sentence "The pale moon light, gleaming at the companions within the silver, smoking vehicle" It appears you are telling the story in first person which is cool but that sentence sounds like it was in the thrid person.

This part read a bit weird
I remember him carrying me out. I was weak. He had stolen food.

Could you increase the font size so it easier to read. Expanding this might make for a great action scene

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

spizz567

10 Years Ago

Definitely, thanks for the review :) I uploaded the second chapter. If possible, could you please ch.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 6, 2013
Last Updated on June 6, 2013


Author

spizz567
spizz567

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia



About
16 year old, male, amateur writer. Wanting to improve on my writing, and receive some feedback. The Walking Dead is the best. more..

Writing