Broken

Broken

A Story by spreadtheawesome
"

Quite self-explanatory, I think.

"

I watch you in disbelief as these words, these horrible words spilled from your lips and drown me. The irony is in their beauty, and suddenly, I resent your ability to make the vapid seem like verse. The words engulf me and fill me until I feel the words in my fingertips.

You apologise once more, but by now I can’t look at you. I can’t take your offer to be just friends, because I know that it’ll be an excuse for me to be with you, an excuse for you not to feel as bad as you should, as bad as I need you to. I sense the relief in your shoulders, a reminder of how well I know you by now.

As I watch you make your way down the path, into the street and on with your life, I realize that the words have turned into a lump in my throat, released letter by letter as tears from my eyes. You didn’t break my heart. You broke every bone in my body, every thought in my head, every hope in my soul. It pains me to think that I handed you the opportunity to break me. It pains me to think that you took it.

 

© 2009 spreadtheawesome


Author's Note

spreadtheawesome
Please be constructive. I'm not used to writing short pieces without any dialogue.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow..this is heartbreaking. It's really well written, too...Great use of vocabulary.
Awesome work :),
~Lauren

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like the choice of words - especially the last 4 sentences. Really evokes feelings. Good stuff.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow, I really liked it. Nice vocabulary use. I think you have some real talent.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 23, 2009

Author

spreadtheawesome
spreadtheawesome

Canada



About
I�m a writer and I�m a musician. I don�t need to get published in order to be a serious writer. I don�t need to sell out concerts in order to be a r.. more..

Writing