Mountains

Mountains

A Poem by No.

You remind me of icebergs and how they're more beautiful underneath the surface.  I find the littlest things to be mesmerized by - the collar of your t-shirt and how it sits around your neck, the perfect amount of darkness under your eyes - and I have to find more to match the beauty of you.  And it's the curve of your Adam's apple that hits me hardest.  I can't stand the way it reaches for me and pushes my heart down, down, down, like it's trying to keep it in check.  I can't stand the way I can only watch you swallow and watch it move in my mind. 

 

It's like it makes the floodgates open and the light bleeds through my tears, the climbing streaks throbbing every time my heart moves.  My arms ache for holding, and every time I hear piano keys my bones feel a little more tired and it's just so goddamn hard.  Everything gets messier, my skin gets sore, and there's nothing beautiful about this tormented impatience.  I was waiting to make angels in mountain snow because there's nothing quite so right.  And icebergs sit, like mountains on the water, floating, drifting, leaving, so I decided waiting was wrong and you swallowed and moved in ways I wish I hadn't caused.

 

I know the world's a lot colder where you are, but I promise I'm a fan of sweaters.  The ocean is too big and you shouldn't be alone out there.  You always have a choice and I don't know how to feel all this without you.

 

 

 

© 2010 No.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A great write you have here. It has a lot of emotion. It is sad when the one you like or love is far away. You want them close to hug them and feel their presence. Thanks for sharing!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

507 Views
1 Review
Added on January 24, 2010
Last Updated on January 24, 2010

Author

No.
No.

PA



Writing
So Real So Real

A Poem by No.


Doubt Doubt

A Poem by No.