When Love Fades

When Love Fades

A Story by Stacey
"

A girl finally found love but she realizes that Love isn't what she thought it would be.

"
4:30 am. I can't sleep. I've been rolling on this bed for hours trying to figure out where it all went wrong, where the mistakes were made, where we fell out of love.
Taking a drift down memory lane, I remember it all like it was just yesterday. I remember the connection we felt, the sparks that flew, the imaginary fireworks and the smile that was plastered on my face when we met. The street light, the stars, the moon were all in support of our meeting. I had found him, my one true love, my Prince Charming, my Knight in Shinning Armour, the Batman to my Catwoman, him that others would call "The One". We were inseparable, our love was one to be envious about. It was just him and me when we were together. I could feel this aura, this sense of belonging or maybe it was a sense of protection, either ways, I was relaxed around you.
I remember that fateful night, I pleaded and pleaded for the showers from the sky to stop so I could see him. It did. I was excited. We met but I guess the universe was against the meeting. The rain started again, but this time heavier. There was no one around, just us, standing along a lonely path. I felt it in a matter of seconds. His lips against mine. I was terrified. What if someone caught us? We could get in trouble. With him, it didn't matter. I had ticked an item on my checklist, A Kiss under the rain. He said we would tick the rest together, me and him, but that was all it was...Words.
Fast forward to when it all started, where my fantasies and dreams started crumbling before my eyes, to when I felt the candle that burnt so bright expressing our love was loosing its flame and dying out. He didn't look at me the same way, he stopped talking to me, we stopped seeing as often, texting and calling became scarce. I tried to keep it together but the rope that bound us together was getting thinner and thinner daily. I was giving up, I couldn't hold in any longer. It felt like he wasn't even trying. Was he tired of me? Was I not enough? I knew the answers but they hurt too much to say it out loud. I still loved him. I still do.
I have found a way to deal with it. It's life. People come and make us feel wanted and that ends within seconds, minutes, hours, days, months or years. I'm happy now although I wish I hadn't kept my hopes up thinking; "It would get better, we would pass through this phase". I'm learning not to regret the times I spent with him and the moments we shared because at that period, I enjoyed it.




© 2018 Stacey


Author's Note

Stacey
This is a short story, it's my first here so feel free to critic it. I hope you all like it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is nicely written and enjoyable to read. You were able to capture a sensation that not many can put to words.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stacey

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much 😊.
Its a very good story..love topics are common so reader must have something new in their topics in love..so I found something new and interesting..

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stacey

7 Years Ago

Thank you 😊😊. I really appreciate your thoughts and I'm happy you find it new and interesting
Farhan Shaikh

7 Years Ago

What I love most about it that concept of Batman and cat woman..i mean I'm a big fan of batsy😉..a.. read more
Stacey

7 Years Ago

Well I hope to post more stories you would find interesting

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 21, 2017
Last Updated on August 3, 2018

Author

Stacey
Stacey

Nigeria



About
A work in progress. more..


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..