Diversity

Diversity

A Story by Kristin
"

I had to write this essay on diversity for a class tell me what you think!! PLEASE give me reviews asap so i know what i need to fix

"

Diversity can be perceived in a million different ways  by a plenty of  different people. Some people think of it as a way to separate everything whereas others think of it as a way to connect with one another. In my opinion using it as a way to connect different parts of the world is what diversity should be about. Combining everyone’s different potentials in one to make something more powerful. Just because someone is different from you doesn’t mean they’re wrong ,it means they have something else to bring into the world. Different people coming together as one has a larger impact on the world than one person standing alone.

The ancient saying “Two heads are better than one” shows that the more people with different ideas and beliefs there are the better. You can merge the minds of different people to bring something better into the world. One person can't have all the best ideas for everyone no matter how hard they try, it’s humanly impossible. With the ideas of more than one person , people with different ideas can come up with ideas in the favor of more than just themselves ,but others too.

Using diversity as a way to pull the different types of people around

the world together to make something bigger than someone alone ,something so great that instead of living in a world separated by our differences ,being brought together by them. Understanding that not only your beliefs can be right but someone else's can be too and that’s okay.



The combination of all those numerous ideas, cultures, beliefs, and personalities make a group that’s so in touch with not just themselves but another's way of life. Together to make the world a better place with understanding and care instead of wars and hate.

When you think about it there are millions of groups made around the world because it’s easier to function together than apart. Groups like the UN and even a government like ours which brings people with ideas in favor of their states together to make decisions for the United States as a whole. The vast amount of ideas come together to form one end decision for all the states. In the way the laws they create aren't going to be helpful to not only one state but as they are meant to be for  all 50.

We are all different in our own ways of thinking. We come up with ideas on two completely different sides of the spectrum and we all have different ways of living our own lives. Which makes it great to know you can be yourself and also be part of a group that can pitch in other ideas in times of need, may know somethings that you don't, and with all the differences each person holds they are also similar. All human, made the same way, so why does it matter if someone thinks differently than you? Would you rather each person think the same as you in every way? Every idea you have also being their’s ...absolutely nothing you think of is your own. Everyone would be so alike there would be no questions or curiosity in what could happen.

The world, a combination of the diverse beings that exist, is a unity that can never be broken. The hate someone has because they don't understand the other culture or way of living of another isn't because they necessarily hate them. It’s because they don’t comprehend it ,so what better to do than make them understand. Unite people from different backgrounds let them find things they hav in common. Let them have their own bodies and minds obviously the way they think is their own self ,but show them the mind-blowing things that come with unity. Being friends with someone and understanding the way they feel about some subject doesn't mean you need to change yourself and your beliefs it just means you understand their judgement of everything.


© 2012 Kristin


Author's Note

Kristin
PLEASE REVIEW!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Form a scholar's perspective, I'd say you have done quite well and in deserving of at least a B-. Though, I would proofread and correct the typos throughout the story, as well as finding a couple synonyms for words used too many times in everyday speech (for instance, 'okay').

I do admire the philosophical insight you achieve in this flabbergasting entry. However, though I empathize (never mistake it for sympathy, let alone joining forces) with your points, I find my own beliefs bring a grimly smirk to my face pondering over disputes that can arise if I were to bring such a debatable subject up in a conversation with fellow men.
For a glint of my own feeble perspective (honestly formed on the spot using educational guesses whilst applying my own beliefs as well, hehe . . .), glance upon it this way: if two heads are better than one, who's to say four is better than two? Will we not split heads and double over, biting at each other, while the opposing opinions do the same?

Posted 11 Years Ago


I am not a natural writer of critiques, so I don't know if I'm being helpful at all by saying this is an astounding piece of philosophy, but I would like to provide you with some sort of input, and that is the only way I know how to respond. There's simply nothing in it that I disagree with...I sympathize with all of the points you make here, and would not be able to express them as eloquently or cohesively as you have. From a scholastic standpoint, I'd say this is easily a submittable piece.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 27, 2012
Last Updated on August 27, 2012
Tags: diversity, love, essay, school

Author

Kristin
Kristin

Atlanta, GA



Writing
Accident Accident

A Poem by Kristin


By letter By letter

A Poem by Kristin