11-16-13

11-16-13

A Poem by Kristin

I miss you

         So much;

My bones creak whispers

Of our old conversations.

I’ve stopped moving.

Just so I could stop hearing.

                              It gets hard

Listening to all of you

That I’ve lost.

                 stainedblank

© 2013 Kristin


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful, loved reading this

Posted 10 Years Ago


'My bones creak whispers, Of our old conversations.' That line is simply beautiful. The poem in its whole is rather sad, and it allows you to really feel it through the words, spaces, typewriter font. It's something you would write at night, when you're trying to fall asleep, but your heart whispering to your mind not to, and all you do, is give it what they want.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Astounding...I relate to this, deeply...well done Kristin.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Interesting piece in terms of longing and heartache, I particularly like the strength in not moving as if some sense of the person controls memories. Nice write and hope you feel better. We have only lost anything when it is within our sight to still see gain from it.
Chris
100/100


Posted 10 Years Ago


The apparent and painful woes of longing are apparent in this one, you've expressed yourself quite poignantly and in the exquisite manner I find quite charming: the whispers of conversations hidden in bones? That's one I seldom hear of, when it comes to heartbreak, most people reference snapping marrow instead (myself included, at times). Well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


...and I miss you too. Remember when I once thought that a porch was an extravagance? An unwarranted labor during those summer months of unceasing toil. But you encouraged me to see the wisdom with your own particular vision regarding its utility. I shared your vision of the future then, as I do now; and it gives me some comfort to recall our old conversations. I won't encourage you to listen to my whispers again. I know it's hard. It's been a long time for you. But, take heart - you have lost nothing and we will soon be together again.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 17, 2013
Last Updated on November 17, 2013
Tags: writing, poetry, sad, love, lost, stupid

Author

Kristin
Kristin

Atlanta, GA



Writing
Accident Accident

A Poem by Kristin


By letter By letter

A Poem by Kristin



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..