Aussie Beauty- Caitlin Ashley Thompson Resume

Aussie Beauty- Caitlin Ashley Thompson Resume

A Story by starpower
"

Australia's Caitlin Ashley Thompson!

"



As a very passionate and enthusiastic teenager, Caitlin Ashley Thompson was all about acting and the arts. She started her career at the age of 11 and soon became so engrossed with acting that she adopted it as a career choice. She hails from North Western Australia, but spent most of her acting career in Perth. She moved there at the age of 10 and soon started her acting career. She performed in many screen and stage productions.


She joined the local drama schools and worked really hard to find her way in this profession. Her skills made her join the Howard Fine Master Classes of Sydney and then in Melbourne. In fact, she was one of the youngest students ever to attend these classes. Later she joined the Laura Gardner Foundation Course where her acting skills matured drastically. It was during these teenage years that Caitlin ensured that she became an actor. That is why, she moved to Melbourne at the age of 16 to pursue bigger and better opportunities for herself.


She is a trained and skilled actor as well as a bungy jumper and skydiver, skills that she possessed at the age of 10 and 13 respectively. She is currently being managed by Active Artist Management and is working her way through the industry. She has been involved in many productions to date. One of the most inspiring of her performances was for 'Cloud Street'. Some of her other memorable performances include 'Mine', a 2012 play by the Western Australian Youth Theater Company.


She did not limit her talents to stage and went ahead with short films. Her roles have had different flavors and have been quite challenging on the screen. She played a serial killer in 'Darkness' by Filmbites' Professional Partnership Program and also worked in 'Blindspot' where she played a victim of Russian human trafficking. Her latest film was 'The Rosewood Gladiator' which came out in 2013. Apart from this. She has worked for 'Pink', 'Fifteen' and 'Workaholic'.


She finds inspiration in roles played by Jennifer Lawrence, Mia Wasikowska, Rachel McAdams and Meryl Streep. Caitlin won the Honorable Mention at the Los Angeles Movie Awards in the year 2012 for 'Blindspot'. Her other awards include those by ATOM for 'Blindspot' as the best Tertiary Short/Experimental Film. Caitlin has been trained in dancing and swimming as well. She is also trained in singing and can play the piano equally well.




© 2013 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2406 Views
Added on October 14, 2013
Last Updated on October 14, 2013
Tags: caitlin ashley thompson

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing