The exceptional and enchanting Ximena Casillas

The exceptional and enchanting Ximena Casillas

A Story by starpower
"

The incredible body of work by actress Ximena Casillas

"



What do you call a talented and beautiful young woman who has studied acting in two countries and has had featured and starring rolls in plays, feature films and short films? Ximena Casillas, of course. Ximena is originally from Mexico City, and realized when she was just a kid that her destiny would lead her to New York and Hollywood.

 

It was the Broadway production of Beauty and the Beast that set her off on her journey of discipline that would mold her into the fine and polished actress, dancer and singer she is today.  When she was still in grammar school she was in plays like Annie, Hercules and Grease. Then when she was 13 Ximena enrolled in Mexico’s premiere musical theatre school, the Artestudio. This is where she began to hone her enormous skills as an actor. She was in every play she could be in such as, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Little Mermaid, Cats, Mulan and The Lion King.

 

At 18, Ximena enrolled in the famous AMDA, The American Musical and Dramatic Academy in New York City. She studied for a year and a half at the Studio Conservatory program before moving to the Los Angeles campus of the AMDA, the College and Conservatory of the Performing Arts, to graduate with a BFA at the age of 20. During her time at the AMDA she acted in short films and in plays including, Mr. Marmalade, Anna in the Tropics and Shakespeare’s Two Men of Verona.

 

Since graduating she has been in several short films, including, It’s Time, Outsider and  Red Halloween. Ximena has been cast in two feature length motion pictures this summer: The Long Way and The Life, The Journey, The Struggle and can be seen in the play The Gypsy Machine and the short film Skye.

 

Ximena is currently with Harris Management and the commercial agency Malibu Artists Agency. She is a talented and disciplined actor, singer and dancer and is proficient in most theatre skills such as fencing, hand-to-hand combat, dagger fighting, kickboxing and numerous dialects. She has studied extensively for stage acting, acting for the camera, voice and speech, dance, singing, and stage combat. This young woman is in this business for the long run and knows exactly what it takes to stay in it and move forward. She speaks Spanish and American Standard English and is a wiz at improvisation.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2015 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

730 Views
Added on August 3, 2015
Last Updated on August 3, 2015
Tags: ximena casillas

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing