One of France's most incredible filmmakers, Charles Ancelle

One of France's most incredible filmmakers, Charles Ancelle

A Story by starpower
"

Charles Ancelle- the definition of pure talent and quality productions

"



What is the job of a producer? Most people have certainly heard of the title ‘producer’ before but they just can’t seem to put their finger on what it is exactly that a producer does on a movie. Well, we reached out to several producers to find out just what their job entails. One of the producers who was nice enough to take the time to talk to us was the French filmmaker, Charles Ancelle.

 

Charles is an enthusiastic and energetic movie producer who has been making films for some time. He’s originally from Paris and grew up with a passion for the world of art, which among other things, included music, and of course, films. He fell in love with movies and the whole idea of storytelling through that medium when he was very young and pursued that urge wholeheartedly. At the Sorbonne, where he studied art and film, he made his first short film, went on to be selected as a participant in the Cannes Short Film Festival. Not bad for a first film.

 

From then on there was no stopping him. He moved to the U.S. to study film, immersed himself in every aspect of movie making along with soaking up all he could of American culture and American film techniques. He’s produced several well-received feature films, and numerous short films and web series. (He’s also an accomplished writer and director). Charles produced the feature film Waves, which was directed by Don Gerardo Frasco. It was shot in the Philippines and did very well in that region and it is due for international release very soon.

 

Charles has worked with many noted Hollywood actors such as, Les Brandt, Days of Our Lives, Six Feet Under, Pacific Blue), Alessandra Torresani, (Caprica), Tyson Ritter, (Lead Singer of All American Rejects), Ben Reed, (American Sniper, Face Off) and Alexandra Krosney, (CSI, Nikita, Last Man Standing). Baron Geisler and Pilar Pilapil (a well established Filipino actress) starred in Waves and he worked with Les Brandt again in the spy action-comedy John Bondage. This film not only had a high degree of production values, but it was full of great action with just the right amount of suspense and danger along with an enormous helping of humor. Besides producing, Charles also wrote and directed this very entertaining movie.

 

Charles’ believes in story telling and the producer’s job, he tells us, is to get the story up on the screen. The producer is involved with the project from the beginning to the end and he or she makes sure that everything is ready for the actors and director and camera crew to walk on the set and shoot the film. That may sound easy but there’s a lot of foot work and a lot of effort behind the scenes that has to be done in order to have everything just right for a film to begin. More on the finer details of producing in the next segment.

 

 

 

© 2016 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
Added on March 29, 2016
Last Updated on March 29, 2016
Tags: charles ancelle, filmmaker

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing