The Inspiring Work of Tatsuya Ouchi

The Inspiring Work of Tatsuya Ouchi

A Story by starpower



When we did the math we were quite impressed. Tatsuya Ouchi has worked on over a hundred film projects in the last five years, which includes features, short films, commercials and music videos. That in itself is noteworthy because just on the surface alone it is more work than most film industry people get in their entire careers. So, a hundred films divided by five years comes out to an average of 20 productions per year, which makes Tatsuya one energetic guy who is obviously in high demand among his movie making peers.

 

He initially studied Cinematography at Nihon University College of Art in Japan, his home country, before moving to Los Angeles in 2013, so when he got here he definitely had all the basics under his belt. Once he got to California he attended Los Angeles City College where he immersed himself once again in Cinematography studies and then he began getting jobs. He worked hard and climbed the very competitive ladder to the very desirable position of Cinematographer, which is the chief over the lighting and camera crews.

 

Working on so many productions has given him the on-the-job experience that only a few visual artists have the opportunity to enjoy and benefit from. Even though the projects he works on may only last a few days, a week or several weeks they are microcosms as important as a feature-length motion picture because it is exactly the same process that involves the same sense of urgency and skill.

 

There is a great deal of pre-production planning and homework he has to set time aside for in order to be completely prepared when he sets foot on the set, sound stage or location of the shoot. All this means that Tatsuya, besides being 100% devoted to his craft and vocation, is busy at home planning tomorrow’s camera work and plotting camera angles and shots even when he is not working on the set.

 

Tatsuya has built up a body of work in the film industry that he can be very proud of and that producers and directors will be dazzled by. He is also an accomplished still photographer and he has built up another body of work that has garnered him quite a few awards. His exquisite photographs won him the coveted Exposure Award and The Photographic Angle (TPA) has selected seven of his images for their exhibition. His photographs have been shown in several exhibitions in the United Kingdom as well as other internationally known galleries and museums along with web magazines. His intense passion to create visual beauty through the lens of a camera, whether it is still or motion picture, has brought Tatsuya to the forefront of the entertainment industry and the art world itself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2018 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on December 19, 2018
Last Updated on December 19, 2018
Tags: tatsuya ouchi, photography, hollywood, amber bollard

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing