Makeup Artist Katia Garcia Dedicated To Her Clients

Makeup Artist Katia Garcia Dedicated To Her Clients

A Story by starpower
"

World class Makeup artist Katia Garcia

"


Dani by Maud Chalard and Make up by: Katia Garcia


We recently caught up with makeup artist Katia Garcia who has been wowing her clients with her incredibly gifted skills as a makeup artist and her compassionate and infectious personality. She was happy to share some inspirational words as well as advice for being a successful artist as well. Here is what she had to say:

How do you prepare for each job?

Before each job, I make sure everything is clean and sanitized perfectly. I want my clients to feel completely safe and trust me, for them to see that all my kit is clean, is a priority. Next I check the mood board sent by the director or the photographer and I make sure that I have everything in my kit for this specific job. I’m always prepared.

Is there a special routine you use for each client or does it change each time?

It’s always the same routine but I adapt it for every client. The first thing I do is ask for allergies, then I ask about what is currently on their skin and what they usually use. Then I start to clean their skin and moisturize. The skin care routine changes depending on their skin type, of course.

What is your favorite type of makeup job to do?

I love natural makeup for fashion photoshoots. I have learned that it is the most difficult makeup to do -to have makeup look like there is nothing on their faces -but, it’s also my favorite thing to do. 

Who were your fashion inspirations growing up?

As long as I can remember, I have always loved fashion magazines like Glamour, Vogue and Cosmopolitan. I would look up at all the models and the big brands like Dior and Chanel. Music videos have also been a big inspiration for me, as well. Rihanna and Lady Gaga are the ones in my opinion that have stepped up as fashion icons.

What have you learned the most about this business?

I have learned that you need to be very professional, that’s a must. You can be really talented but if you show up late or if you are rude with your clients they will never call you back. Be professional, respectful, organized, clean, but above all, always be positive! 

What are the hardest things and your favorite parts of this job?

The most challenging for me is it to make sure that my client is feeling comfortable and good about themselves. I am in charge to make sure they feel good and are going look their best on camera. Also every detail about hair and makeup are important, so I need to have eyes everywhere, to correct any flaw if there is one and step in, on set if necessary.

Who would you really love to do makeup for if you had the chance?

I would love to be on the Chanel Fashion show makeup team. That’s a big goal on my list. Chanel is such a huge inspiration.

 

 

© 2019 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on January 23, 2019
Last Updated on February 1, 2019
Tags: katia garcia, makeup artist

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing