Strong Women and A Nation, Strong

Strong Women and A Nation, Strong

A Story by starpower
"

The Compelling Performances Of Actress Emma Potts

"


 

‘A Nation, Found’ is the brainchild of writer/director Arman S. Haghi. The political and spiritual film tackles the theme of Indigenous Australian Treaty through poetry and dance.

 

A Nation, Found is Haghis directorial debut, followed by his second film, ‘Sketches from a Dancer’s Album’. The cast features three remarkable female actors: Eve White, Emma Potts, and Jessica Steed.

 

Eve White is an indigenous Wiradjuri woman. Proud of her heritage and passionate about sharing her culture, she teaches art and culture in schools. Eve is also a professional dancer and choreographer, performing for over twenty years in Australia and internationally.

 

Emma Potts, an Australian-born actor based in Los Angeles, is known for film and television roles including ‘Sketches from a Dancers Album’, Torment, and The Checkout’. Emma recently played a leading role in the film ‘Pimped’ which was honored as Best Australian Feature at the 2018 Monster Fest Festival. She is celebrated for her compelling performances in complex and dark roles as well as performances that honor strong female characters on screen.

 

Jessica Steed is a classically trained artist. She studied at Ecole Ballet and Dance Theatre and earned her BA Honors in Ballet and Contemporary Dance at Rambert School of Ballet and Contemporary Dance. Dancing and choreographing for over twenty years in Australia and the UK, she has earned academic and critical acclaim.

 

A Nation, Foundis a topical art film, using dance to interpret a poem that challenges Australias foundation as a nation. The film has feminist undertones; the defeat of the tyranny of an unjust history through Indigenous Australian Treaty can also be taken as a metaphor for the overcoming of sexism and oppression through the resistance and unity shown by three strong, female leads. ‘A Nation, Foundwas shortlisted at the 2018 Tropfest Film Festival.

 

Eve White, Brenden Moore (Sydney-based didgeridoo performer who features on the soundtrack), and Arman S. Haghi collaborated on further projects together, including films featured at TEDx and shown at the NCIE (Australias premier National Centre for Indigenous Excellence).

© 2019 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
Added on April 5, 2019
Last Updated on April 15, 2019
Tags: emma potts, actress, hollywood, austraolia, los angeles, amber bollard

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing