Jose Rubio -Roller Coaster Storytelling

Jose Rubio -Roller Coaster Storytelling

A Story by starpower
"

The remarkable work of editor Jose Rubio

"



 

Jose Rubio is known for his collaboration with industry leading entertainment companies, Fox Networks, National Geographic Channel, MTV, TNT, Discovery Channel, NatGeo, FX, YouTube, Insomniac Events. Joses work is featured at Disney, where he contributes as an independent contractor video editor and promo editor working on projects for the series, Big Hero 6’, ‘Muppet Babies’, and Duck Tales. Currently, Jose is collaborating freelance for Disney, creating content for on multiple media platforms for Disney Junior, Disney Channel, and Disney XD.

 

The Spanish-born, Jose Rubio has been inspired by storytelling and Hollywood blockbusters, Back to Future’, ‘Jurassic Park, and The Goonies, MTV and the films of Darren Aronofsky. The way a movie is edited breaks each films editing rules, one at a time the better cuts are those where you dont notice where the actual cut is, but in this movie, the editing is totally the opposite. It's flashy and notorious, but it has a reason why. The editing style in this movie is a crucial element for the storytelling. The visual rhythm of the film drives you around different emotions like a roller coaster.Jose is inspired by the works of his peers, Requiem for a Dream, editor, Jay Rabinowitz, and Paul Matchless, the editor of Baby Driver’.

 

As an editor, Jose celebrates his career highlight as his work on the FOX Sports documentary series, Phenoms. The sports series profiles Real Madrids rising soccer star, Marco Asensio, in preparation for the 2018 World Cup in Russia. It was a challenge working without a script using archive videos, images, and hours of interviews.” Jose is recognized in the industry, being awarded a Bronze Promax BBDA at the Latin America Contest, and earned several nominations for the European and Global Promax festivals.

 

Jose’s work is featured online, earning millions of views and in the music festival space. Jose edited the official trailer for the EDC Las Vegas 2017 (Electronic Daisy Carnival Festival) - One of the biggest electronic music festivals celebrated in the United States. His video/promo earned more than 1.4 million views. Joses collaboration with the YouTube show ‘Mr. Kate’ and YouTuber Alisha Marie recorded more than 3.7 millions of views.

 

Currently living and establishing his career in Los Angeles, California, Jose Rubio crafted and edited the trailer for feature film, The Dead Ones(premiering in the prestigious Brussels International Film Festival in 2019). An exciting upcoming trailer editing project for Jose is the horror film anthology, The Profane Exhibitdirected by various genre artists Uwe Boll, Yoshihiro Nishimura, and the Academy Award Nominee Nacho Vigalondo.


http://www.rubiocuts.com/


© 2019 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on April 10, 2019
Last Updated on April 10, 2019
Tags: jose rubio, video editor, hollywood, movies, film

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing