The Life Of A Mixing Engineer With Jerome Renard

The Life Of A Mixing Engineer With Jerome Renard

A Story by starpower
"

Jerome Renard, one of the world's biggest talents!

"



What is a Mix Engineer? Have we stumped you already? If so, then here is a hint: a mix engineer is also known as a sound, recording or audio engineer. He (or she) is responsible for editing, mixing together, adding different sounds (effects) and managing the sound levels and frequency of any given project, including music recordings and movies. The mix engineer must have a firm grasp on the workings of sound equipment along with the computers and the software that are used in controlling and synchronizing all the different aural elements that he is working with in order to achieve the highest quality product.

 

Jerome Renard is a mix engineer who is planning to move to Los Angeles after years of successful sound engineering positions in Europe. He is originally from Belgium and he interned at Sos-Recording studios during high school. After that he then completed a certificate in Electronics and IT and went on to attend SAE International Institute to pursue Sound Engineering. He earned a Bachelor of Arts in Audio Engineering" with Honors.

 

Over the next few years at the studio he met and worked with a lot of artists including Frederic Francois, Lara Fabian, John Metcalfe, Jacques Duvall, among many others. Jerome also worked closely on several records with the artist Marka and toured with him from 2014 to 2016. Jerome was also hired as a sound engineer to work on The Voice Belgium during from 2011 to 2016.

 

Jerome also lived and worked in Paris for multiple months. During that time he worked with different artists such as Vitaa, Hayce Lemsi & Volts Face and with Berez on the Soundtrack for the movie “La pièce,” Produced by Wati-B and distributed by Sony Music France.Jerome also worked closely with the American singer and musician Beverly Jo Scott and with Frederic Francois on his “30 Ans d’Olympia” show. He worked for the Belgium government after turning them down a couple of years previously. This time, however, they made him an offer that he couldn’t refuse: they hired him as one of the main sound engineers and an advisor to the program “Ca Balance” host by “Province de Liège” and financed by the government. 


He worked with artists from differing fields and mixed three albums, which were released in Belgium, France, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland and Canada. Besides the scores of other projects Jerome has worked on he was assigned by the Belgium government to design the technical aspect for the sound, combining old and new technology for a new studio development.


© 2019 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on June 12, 2019
Last Updated on June 24, 2019
Tags: jerome renard

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing