Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by TPK Stories

Hannah woke up on June 21, 2017�"her 16th birthday!  The birthday she couldn’t wait for!  She would have a surprise�"Hannah remembered her mother telling her for as long as she could remember.  She couldn’t wait for the grand party that her mother would throw�"just like her mother and her grandmother had on their 16th birthdays�"she couldn’t wait to find out the secret that would change her life.

Hannah got up out of bed and opened her bedroom window.  A beautiful day.  The sun shining through her window gave Hannah the sign that all would be well today.

Hannah put on the plaid skirt and blue sweater that she picked out the night before and put on the necklace her mother gave her the night before�"an early birthday present.


As soon as she was finished dressing, Hannah went downstairs to join her father, mother, and younger sister, Carissa, for the family breakfast they all did for each member’s birthdays�"a family tradition, Hannah’s mother insisted on. 

“Happy birthday, Hannah!” 8-year-old, Carissa said when Hannah sat down at the family table.


“Thank you, sister dear.”

“Hannah, I made all your favorites!” Hannah’s mother said, as she sat over-easy eggs, hash browns, toast with strawberry jelly and butter, and orange juice in front of Hannah.

“Yum!” Hannah exclaimed.  “It’s delicious!”

Carissa ate her oatmeal�"the only thing her sister would eat.

“Carissa, you really should try my eggs and hash browns.” Hannah encouraged her sister to eat.

“Yuck!” Carissa said with a grimace.

“You don’t know what you’re missing!”

“Hannah, let your sister be!” Hannah’s father said. 

“Yes, dad!”

“Well, what is the big secret that I learn today?” Hannah asked, hoping Hannah would give away before the big party.

“Hannah, you know I won’t reveal that until your party!” Hannah’s mother told her.

“Yeah, I know.  I was just hoping!”

“All in good time!” Hannah’s mother said, smiling.”


The Mayberry finished their breakfast and went about their days as usual with Hannah’s father heading to work, Hannah’s mother cleaning house and getting everything ready for the party, Carissa watching her favorite tv shows, and Hannah spending time heading to the town library, where she worked as librarian.


Danah McCloskey, Hannah’s arch rival, came into the library and snubbed her nose at Hannah.  Danah came from old money and didn’t like Hannah, who had to take a job to get the things that Danah could use her parents’ money for.  Danah clearly felt superior to Hannah due to her wealthy status.


It was time for Hannah to leave the library and head home to get ready for her big party where her life would change forever!



© 2017 TPK Stories


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on October 26, 2017
Last Updated on October 26, 2017


Author

TPK Stories
TPK Stories

Boise, ID



About
more..

Writing
Plot Plot

A Chapter by TPK Stories


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by TPK Stories


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by TPK Stories