Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by TPK Stories

Alisha ran to the garden outside Hadley’s room.  She couldn’t believe that both Hadley and Chelsea would accuse her of scheming to get Hadley?  She did them a favor?  She left them alone to be together in secret, didn’t she?  Chelsea was the one who got to be with Hadley alone?  What did she get?  Marriage in name only?


But just as she sulked in the garden, she was seen by the maid and brought to Hadley’s father.


“Master Jamison, I found the bride in the gardens?” the maid said.


“Thank you, Claire.” Mr. Jamison said.


Alisha wondered what Mr. Jamison would do to her now that the secret was out.  After she was reprimanded by Hadley’s father, she vowed to find out who ratted her out!


“Miss Thompkins, I want to know why you schemed to be my son’s wife?” Mr. Jamison demanded.  “Was it the money you were after?!”


“No!” Alisha defended her actions.


“Well, I intend to have this marriage annulled due to your actions!”


But Hadley came down when he heard from the maid that she found Alisha in the gardens.


“You won’t do anything of the sort, father!” Hadley threatened.  “I love Alisha!  That’s why we married.”


“You can’t possibly love her after what she’s done?!”


“But I do!” Hadley said convincingly.


“Well, okay, son, I believe you.”


“Thank you father.”


Hadley and Alisha went back upstairs to his suite of rooms to discuss new arrangements.


“Now what are you going to do?” Alisha quizzed Hadley.


“I got you out of your jam.” Hadley said.


“But now we have to share a room.” 


“What?  You have to share a room?” Chelsea asked the two of them.


“Hadley had to convince his father he married me because he loved me.” Alisha told Chelsea.  “Now we have to share a room to make it convincing.”


“Look, there are many rooms in my suite.  You can have your own bed and I’ll share a bed with Chelsea.” Hadley reasoned.


“Okay.  I just hope no one will check on us tonight?” Alisha said unsure.


“My parents never look in on me.” Hadley said.


But as they went to their respective beds, the maid was doing some last minutes chores before retiring herself when she discovered that Hadley was in bed with someone other than Alisha.



© 2018 TPK Stories


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

23 Views
Added on June 24, 2018
Last Updated on June 24, 2018


Author

TPK Stories
TPK Stories

Boise, ID



About
more..

Writing
Plot Plot

A Chapter by TPK Stories


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by TPK Stories


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by TPK Stories