Lifetime Soul

Lifetime Soul

A Poem by Lewis Tedesco
"

I feel that we are reborn in a sense into a new lifetime and that sometimes, we find ourselves looking for someone that we have known for centuries, but have only physical met for the first time. I believe that is why people believe in "love at first sig

"

I want you to know that I love you. And even though those three words seem like they can be misused, I want you to know what I mean when I say them. I mean that I love you, the way that the rain loves a cool spring morning, when the plants are trying to reach for the sky. I love you the way that the sun can kiss the face of a young child in the middle of summer, and I love you the way that the leaves can change their colors in autumn, I love you the way that every snow flake is special and unique and that nothing is ever the same. I love you the way that the salmon love to swim upstream in the river and I love you the way that the angels love to see us together. I have loved you before you knew who you were and before I knew who I was. I loved you in the years past, lifetimes even, and we have kept on finding each other over and over again, two souls in this river that will never be apart because a river keeps on flowing into itself. Even when we leave this earthy realm and go on to the next life, we will still be together, because that is how we met this time, we are destined, with one soul, to love each other and no one else. And if it doesn’t work in this lifetime, then I will work in the next. I do not fear losing you because I have gained and lost you a thousand times over, I know this because I can feel myself inside of you, my heart beating only for you, my soul knowing nothing but the song that your is singing. We may be young in this lifetime, but our love has endured through centuries. So when I say I love you, it is a lifetime of words being spoken.


[This is an original work by Lewis Tedesco. All materials are copyright protected. Materials, in part or in whole, shall not be replicated without first the consent of the original author.]

© 2009 Lewis Tedesco


Author's Note

Lewis Tedesco
please, leave constructive notes and do not review just for "review" points please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, very nice. Thank you for entering my contest, I think I may have a place for this in the winners. It was very well written, and the imagery was spectacular, and the thought of being in love with the same person over different lives was very thought provoking. Very good job, I appriciate you entering this just so I could read it. ^^

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 5, 2009

Author

Lewis Tedesco
Lewis Tedesco

Virginia Beach, VA



About
I have always loved to write. It has been something I have wanted to do ever since I could hold a pencil in my hand and I tried to spell my name. My life long dream is to be a journalist. I was born.. more..

Writing