Resurrected Heart

Resurrected Heart

A Poem by Lewis Tedesco

I shut the world out for so long, I closed it out because I couldn’t deal with the pain.  The time flew by and before I knew it, I was alone inside and hollow.  I had been sinking, thinking I would never have a reason to rise up, to break away from this grip that had taken a hold of me, to never try to reach the top of this hole that I put myself in, to just let the undertow of this sorrow take me down deeper and deeper into its depths, with no hope of getting out alive any time soon.  People would ask if they could help, and I didn’t know how to tell them that you can’t fix this broken heart, its been wondering around this dark and lonely alley for too long, it has lost its way home, it is the sobbing you hear in the middle of the night, it is in the darkness that descends upon the street…and then came you, riding into the darkest alley on a magnificent steed called Hope.  Feeling the love that you brought, I knew that I had to change this, I knew that I had to let the embraces, words, and the light in your eyes take me over and make me feel the power of love again, the power of something better than myself, something bigger than myself, and I knew that this would be something that would be great.  Even now, as I thinking about it, I think that sometimes you are the best thing that could have not just happened to me, but to this world; because of you, I can continue to live, to tell my story, to be myself and give my gift to the world.

 

 

[This is an original work by Lewis Tedesco. All materials are copyright protected. Materials, in part or in whole, shall not be replicated without first the consent of the original author.]

© 2009 Lewis Tedesco


Author's Note

Lewis Tedesco
Please leave feed back.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Change is something alot of people could use in their life.
Change can be a wonderful thing too.
I like this, it's inspirational. Very well stated!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 6, 2009

Author

Lewis Tedesco
Lewis Tedesco

Virginia Beach, VA



About
I have always loved to write. It has been something I have wanted to do ever since I could hold a pencil in my hand and I tried to spell my name. My life long dream is to be a journalist. I was born.. more..

Writing