The Nightmare Child

The Nightmare Child

A Chapter by The Doctor

Jessica and I follow Vernatain into his home, following suit with the other villagers. I wake my trench coat off and hang it on the arm of a chair, stuffing my hands in my pockets I begin pace around. Jessica sits in the larger chair and looks at me curiously as my mind tinkers and clicks.
How did it get out? Where did I leave a gap? Has a gap been made? If so who will come out now? Daleks? Sontarans? Time Lords? What can or will come out? Will they try to revive Galifrey again? What about the universe? A paradox could form and the fabric can rip!
I take my hands out of my pockets and shuffle my hair frantically. Irritated at all the possibilities and problems to come out a thing like this. I mean the Nightmare Child? Why not more Daleks or something? Them I can deal with... But with the Nightmare Child I will have to be the soldier again... The weapon... The killer... One of the Time Lord's best soldier... One of their strongest... No! Not again! I swore I wouldn't go back to that! But then again... What choice do I have? The NIghtmare Child needs to be stopped... The villagers can't do it alone... But I don't want to go back to that...
"My dear Doctor, why you thinking so hard?" Vernatain asks, placing a hand on my shoulder.
"I can't let you guys do this alone. You have barely seen what the Nightmare Child is capable of... The evils it can cause, that it posses is... Is unbelievable ... I need to stop it again."
"Doctor, do you really think that your friends are going to allow you do it by yourself? I was with you at Arcadia, I watched you use the Hand of Omega. I watched you lead Time Lords to war, over and over again. You are strong, but you need help like any other person."
I look down as the memories flash to and from my mind. The day i lead so many to war... The day and years I lost so many...
"Exactly my friend. We will fight together and we will win together." He smiles confidently, patting my back as he walks to the kitchen. 
I take a seat in the oversized chair and bury my face in my hands, breathing deeply in thought. Jessica comes over and rubs my shoulder as she crouches down in front of me. I look into her eyes and smile.
"You okay?" She asks worriedly.
"I'm The Doctor. I'm always fine," I smile back. Collecting myself back to center. "Now, The Nightmare Child was one of our best weapons in the Time War. It was with me at the Fall of Arcadia. A battle I lead through and through. But, it was used a few times and the last time I see it, the Dalek creator was flying into its jaws. I sealed the Time War and everything in it with Gallifrey and so on.  Recently things have been escaping left and right and getting into the Time War. So I may need to make a stop and work on it again... Put the Nightmare Child back and seal it for good... Maybe destroy it all..." I feel myself space out as I look past Jessica.
"Doctor?" Jessica moves into my line of vision.
"Yeah. Here. Just thinking. I'm alright. Really," I smile and stand up again, looking outside for anything different.
I catch the sounds of animals growling and calling to one another. Lights flashing here and there, but I notice what looks like a little girl standing right in the village's entrance.  Wind blowing the dark silhouette's hair around. Lightning flashes and it's a white skinned girl in a white dress. Plan, nothing special about the dress at all, except for the fact that it is clean. This must be the Nightmare Child. But why choose this?
"Vern! Come 'ere a moment please!" My eyes never leave her.
He walks in and looks in the direction my attention is pointed.
"That's her. The child that has plagued us for so long. Never leaving, never accepting sacrifices of any kind."
 I nod my head slowly, still staring at her.
"I'm going out."
I walk right to the door and walk out. Vernatain yelling to me to come back, but I keep on walking toward her, hands in my pockets, wind whipping around me like my own personal tornado. As I get closer two large wolves appear next to her, ruby eyes and ivory teeth gleaming in the night. I continue until I'm a meter or less in front of her. Not flinching or showing fear. Just an overwhelming amount of confidence.
"Hello. It's been a long time Nightmare."
 She said nothing, just looking at me through the darkness from her hair.
"How did you get out? Did you follow a Dalek? Would explain why Davros made it out alive. He made another ruckus with a new Dalek breed. You were part of the Time Lord council at one point, you know messing with time events could cause a collapse in the universe. Paradoxes and the whole bit," my voice rising in competition with the wind.
"You killed us Doctor. You killed your family and friends. You killed your own child even," her child-like voice spoke with venom. An intent to hurt or anger me.
"The Time Lords were becoming everything they prevented. We were going to be no better than time hoppers or any other villain in the universe that I was sent to clean up after."
"You killed us."
"And I would again."
"I have wanted you Doctor. Wanted to kill you. Feel your two hearts stop beating in my grasp. And now I have that chance."
She sent out a lightning bolt to both of my hearts, increasing the voltage every second. I scream out in pain as my body convulses and twitches. Unable to stop the attack. A yell from behind accompanies the lightening, Vernatain rushes past me with a spear, sending it through the child's torso. The severed connection sends me flying backwards, colliding with a tree. I slump to the ground and lose vision to blackness and numbness.

My eyes open with a throbbing headache. Barely able to feel anything from my neck down. Not knowing what does and does not work. I try to look around and discover I've been put on a bed, cold towel on my forehead and left wearing my clothes from the waist down. I go to sit up, but a green hand reaches out and pushes me back down. I look over and meet eyes with Vernatain's wife, who smiled warmly to ensure I was okay.
"You are very lucky Time Lord. Most would not have made it."
"Ah, I've fought worse than her."


© 2011 The Doctor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

that was wondeful i'm happy you described who the nightmare child was cause i didn't know. i LOVE your story though, done reviewing reading more NOW

Posted 12 Years Ago


"Ah, I've fought worse that her."

Yes, like fighting me off. :D

Another great chapter. "I'm the Doctor. I'm always fine" totally captures him and his ways to survive completely. Each sentence is better than the last. For a fanfiction, this is pretty damn well close to the show!

Posted 12 Years Ago


"I'm The Doctor. I'm always fine," I smile back.

Not always. But he manages to survive through it all

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1566 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 18, 2011
Last Updated on August 24, 2011


Author

The Doctor
The Doctor

About
ask away and i'll tell. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by The Doctor