You're the Reason

You're the Reason

A Poem by Steph♥
"

This poem was written when I was sort of starting a new relationship with this guy named Bryce, but then I realized too many things about him reminded me of my ex so this poem is a result!

"

 

 

Nothing Last's Forever,

That's what they say.

Obviously we didn't,

So I guess they were right.

 

Don't you see how messed up I am?

Well I do, everytime I glance in the mirror.

Don't you see what you've done to me?

You're the reason I can't love him.

 

He's worse than you,

how can that be?

A little lie I tell myself

to push him farther away from my gray heart you helped cement.

 

And even if you read this,

it probably wouldn't make a difference to you,

because you don't love me anymore.

Then, how come I'm still waiting for you?

Tell me

 

Poor Bryce, he'll have to pay

for the wounds you inflicted.

 

© 2008 Steph♥


Author's Note

Steph♥
Well, what do you think??

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is absolutely stunning, it exploded with true feelings, and the flow doesnt seem forced, simply awesome!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I disagree with your comment on my poem. This is far better than mine. It's incredibly sad and feelings I also had at one point. Just know that the only person who can change how you feel is you.

Great poem though.

P

Posted 15 Years Ago


Aww. That's sad. I can feel the emotion in this, although honestly I think it could use a little more concrete imagery make it more memorable and get your point across better. As it is now, it's just a collection of scattered thoughts with a weak common denominator, so you might want to throw in a metaphor and some specific imagery to spice it up a little :-) There are a couple spelling and grammar things too: "don't you see what you've dont to me" should be "done to me" (I think...) and there shouldn't be a comma comma after "pay" in the second to last line.

Good job with this - don't mind my nitpicking - I'm a tough critic :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


Nice. I feel bad for this guy. You might kill him, hehe. My favorite part, just so you know: "A little lie I tell myself to push him farther away from my gray heart you helped cement." Brilliant! It's so descriptive and it really kind of hits you in the face. I really enjoyed this. Thank you!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like it! Lol have you noticed my writings are advertised? its pretty funny lol

Posted 15 Years Ago


It's wonderful. Your just an amazing writer.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 11, 2008
Last Updated on July 17, 2008

Author

Steph♥
Steph♥

Lockney, TX



About
Hey y'all my name is Stephana and I just graduated from Lockney High School and in the fall I will start at ASU and I'm really excited. Well, a friend told me about this website so I decided to check .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..