Alone

Alone

A Poem by Stephanie
"

Exactly what it says. Not fictional...

"

I'm sorry if this hurts you

If you know who you are

But I need a release

And you won't answer my calls

 

My chest is constricted and tight

With the tears I hold back

I'm trying to fight off my worries

And keep my emotion intact

 

It's been a while you know

Since we've hung out at all

You're always rushing off

And I'm left all alone

 

It was a month, 30 days

Too long to go without seeing my best friend

Then we finally made plans

But surprise- you left me hanging again...

 

My intent is not to hurt you

Or to make you upset.

I don't know who else to turn to

I wish I could dream it away, just forget

 

The fact still remains though

My tears are about to spill

I've left messages saying "Call me back!"

I can only hope that you will.

© 2013 Stephanie


Author's Note

Stephanie
I can't for the life of me name this. Help?

*Note*
This person and I are still best friends! This whole thing was a small understanding that has since been resolved... But I rarely take down anything I post.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i absolutely loved the second line,

"if you know who you are."

it captures the theme of this poem, the fairweather friendship that you can't get a hold of.

perhaps if you are no longer friends with this person, you can give it their name. I've done that before.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I think it captures the feelings of a fleeting friendship very well. I really liked it.
When I have trouble with poem titles, I usually pick a random line from the poem, and have that as a title :-p Sometimes it actually turns out pretty cool.

Posted 14 Years Ago


(woot my first review!)
that was so emotional..i want to give you a hug and say its ok..your poems are always so amazing steph :)
love you

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh here could be a title........"SUCK IT" or "CHINGA TE" :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


Well sometimes.....people just change without warning and we cannot see it coming. Theres something about themselves that they are hiding from others. We cannot detect it. Especially at the teenage level. Everyone drifts apart after High School. So many things going on, so many activities. Like my brother's close friend Phil....I saw a pompous prep attitude in Phil that my brother did not see. But once Phil got into Georgetown University. Phil abandoned my brother and just hung out with the other preps. For someone like Phil he has an opportunist. He was always searching for the bigger alpha male to further his life stature. So I hope you don't feel like its your fault that your friend abandon you. You don't have to reavaluate your life to see what has gone wrong. In fact nothing has....and accept that people are going to change drastically around this time of transition. ....Just keep your soul intact and someone better will come along who will value your friendship. :) great piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
I can really feel this one...been there too often. Great piece! Title suggestion....Spilling Tears.
I wish that some S & V chips would help to make it better...but I know that it won't. This one makes me want to give you a hug. Here is a big hug for you.


Posted 14 Years Ago


It really does hurt when someone you trust and are close with lets you down without reason or rhyme, a very powerful piece of poetic emotions...

title suggestion- Hanging On For Too Long

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 16, 2009
Last Updated on August 26, 2013

Author

Stephanie
Stephanie

Gilroy, CA



About
I'm Stephanie, 27. Still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, even though I have a degree. Getting through some serious writer's block from the past 5+ years. Excited to be back! more..

Writing
Tingle Tingle

A Poem by Stephanie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..