Finding the Words

Finding the Words

A Poem by Stephanie

I wanted to write you something.

 

So I sat down and thought...

Too hard and too long.

Trying to find those perfect words-

Ones that would tell you how I feel.

 

Then I realized:

 

My feelings can't be structured

Or forced to rhyme.

They can't be formatted...

Trapped in some tight, awkward attempts

At a poem.

 

They just are.

Free and alive.

 

I can't leave you speechless,

Staring at the perfect words-

Just the way you do.

 

All I know is what I feel.

 

The way your words brighten any day...

Leaving me smiling.

The way almost everything reminds me

Of something you said.

The way I embarrass myself

But you don't care.

 

And suddenly there's no such thing

As the perfect words.

 

 

Only the truthful ones.

© 2013 Stephanie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i dont know what perfect means...but i sure know beauty...and these words my dearest bella... are gorgeous...beautiful...truthful....LOVED EM! thankyou so much for the smile you've brought on my face...

Posted 11 Years Ago


lovely how you shift from "i wanted to write you something" all the way to "all i know is what i feel" this is truly kind and sweet, showing someone how much you feel and care about them.

-Will

Posted 14 Years Ago


Sometimes words fail us when we attempt to scribe the deepest emotions... but still they are sometimes all we have that we can give. I like to think the recipient appreciates them even when the pen falters and blank spaces stare out from between the few words we manage to find?

This was beautifully done!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This works beautifully on several levels, dealing so perfectly with the weakness of words to describe what is at the core of us at times. Profound and moving. I kind of like the title!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I really liked this one alot.
This is one amazing write and very well worded
Awesome write here.
Its plain, simple and just wonderful.
You have talent.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I've read this 3 times and i still haven't reviewed it lol. Not because it isn't good�cause it is, just because its popped up in contests and stuff so I read it�with out reviewing it lol. This is a great poem. I think this is the perfect love poem. I've read a million poems about how much people love there lover but really if you truly love them you really cant explain it...its just feelings. Great job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This explains my thoughts sometimes so it would only be fair to say that this is very honest and and in tune with a writer's thought line. Great minds think alike (sort of speak) lol. Well done

Posted 14 Years Ago


I could suggest many titles for your piece but its you work and i have no place to. I think your current title cuts what it is short and it deserves better but still the writing itself is wonderful.
So sweet and so truthel, filled with a kind of longing to follow your mind. The words woven of nothing, but the need , and when they diddnt come you formed something so much better you formed the truth , an invincible force agasint all evil.
i loved it

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love the way you write, 'cuz it's like you aren't trying to depress people or make them feel any pain. I guess I haven't really read anything of yours that is horribly sad, but I just feel that way. I can relate to the beginning about not being able to find the words. Once I couldn't think of anything to write, so i just wrote "It's midnight, and it's raining." and that's one of my favorite lines i've written. You are so right, because the truth is the most powerful way to write, or live for that matter. I love this poem, and give it 5 stars!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Adored this! And I can relate, awhile ago I tried to write something for someone. Not to give to him, but just for me, and I don't know, I just couldn't. It's a beautiful poem, so open and honest!

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

671 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on July 11, 2009
Last Updated on August 26, 2013

Author

Stephanie
Stephanie

Gilroy, CA



About
I'm Stephanie, 27. Still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, even though I have a degree. Getting through some serious writer's block from the past 5+ years. Excited to be back! more..

Writing
Tingle Tingle

A Poem by Stephanie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..