Kidnapped part 2

Kidnapped part 2

A Story by steve
"

The same story as Kidnapped, but from a different perspective.

"
Kidnapped Part 2



The funeral was tough. The father and son thanked everyone for attending. By 7pm the place was empty. The man put a hand on his son's shoulder, before saying, "I know we don't always see eye to eye, but I'm proud of you today. Your mother would've been proud as well."
"Thanks, dad. Will you be okay?"
Jim wasn't sure, but replied, "Yes I'll be fine. What are you doing tonight?"
Gavin was meeting his mates a bit later, and said, "I'll probably just head back to the farm, watch some television maybe?"
Jim gave him a hug, then answered, "Goodnight, son."
Walking to the door Gavin turned. "Yeah, night, dad. Look after yourself. Okay."
"I will."
His son opened the door giving him a farewell wave, then made his way to the red car which was parked a few metres from the bungalow. The engine started. Jim waved from the open entrance. Within seconds the car had vanished behind an overgrown hedge.
Walking back inside sadness consumed him. In the kitchen he found a bottle of Whisky in the cupboard. That'll do, pouring himself half a glass switched on the TV. Nothing seemed to be on that would interest him. Taking a mouthful he shut his eyes.
He awoke with a start. Realising he was still sat in the chair, the glass inbetween his legs. He put a hand through his long grey hair, and decided to go to bed. Peering at the clock on the wall it was not quite midnight. Still late enough for him. Making it to the bathroom in good time he urinated for what seemed like ages, this was the Whisky talking.
He staggered into the bedroom, then fell onto the bed. With a little trouble he tried taking his clothes off, but it was too much hassle, closing his eyes, Jim wished the loneliness he felt would go in time. Moments later he was fast asleep

.........................................................................

Waking up, the sun shone through the window, causing him to rub his eyes. A little hungover, he coughed up some flem. It tasted rank. Getting up, he made his way to the toilet for a pee. Once that slight chore was out of the way, Jim stuck on his red dressing gown then headed to the kitchen to eat some breakfast. Near the microwave was a box of cornflakes. Getting a bowl and some milk, threw the flakes in and started munching away to his heart's content. When finished, placed them in the bowl to wash up later. Jim needed to pop into town at some point, he had some errands to run.
It was 8.42am.
Quite late for him, usually up dead on 6 every morning. Making a cup of tea, he gulped it down. That was nice. He needed to go and get dressed, as hanging around all day in your dressing gown was just plain lazy. In the bedroom noticing a photograph of his wife, caused him to become tearful.
"I miss you, Glenda," he muttered.
Dwelling on such things was not healthy, since retiring Jim found it difficult to occupy himself, long walks when the weather was pleasant seemed ideal, but when it rained, he would stay indoors watching the box.
He left the bedroom once dressed, then proceeded to the living room, BBC Breakfast News was on. For the next hour Jim sat in his chair, his eyes becoming blurry through too much alcohol the night before. It was time to head to the shops, if not, he'd sit here all day thinking about things which would make him sad. Begrudgingly he stood up. With some money in his pocket Jim left the house heading to his van, which was parked not too faraway.

.............................................................................

He entered the shop where he knew the owner really well. They were about the same age, give or take a few months. Jim picked up some items taking them to the counter. "Hello, Keith. How are you?" he asked.
The other man looked at him, before replying, "How are you holding up, Jim? Sorry to hear about your loss."
Jim didn't know what to say. "I'm not sure really. Let's just leave it at that."
"I understand," was all he said.
"How's your wife?" Jim asked, not wanting to seem rude.
"She's fine. By the way have you heard about the fifteen year old girl going missing while she walked home from school. The police suspect it to be foul play. Shocking news."
Jim hadn't heard anything about this, and replied shocked himself, ,"Where did this happen?"
"Only a couple of miles from here. The poor parents I feel sorry for, they must be going out of their minds."
"Awful," was all he could think of saying.
When everything was packed, Jim left the shop feeling irritable, walking to his van a bad feeling came over him.

.............................................................................

He got home within twenty minutes and felt emotional. His son was accused of a similar incident when he was a teenager. Thankfully the police didn't press charges because of his age, it was a prank that had gone wrong, but locking up a girl without her permission was something which worried him very much. If his son could do something like this, what other things was he capable of. At the time her parents were frantic, not knowing what had happened to their little girl. How could something like this happen again in such a peaceful community?

.............................................................................

Months later the girl was never discovered. Slowly everyone forgot about it. The parents moved away, not being able to handle living in a place where their beautiful daughter disappeared in such tragic circumstances.

.............................................................................

Most of his worries were about his son, Gavin seemed occupied, like he was hiding something. Jim carried on with his life, but it was hard, his wife not being there made the burden even worse.
He spent most of his days watching TV, the loneliness felt stronger than ever. Something needed to change.
Then one day it did.

.............................................................................

A knock woke him up, agitated, he proceeded to the entrance. Opening the door, a woman with a dirty appearance stood there. They had a brief conversation about some men being after her, and she needed a bed for the night. He got the impression she was a drug addict, finally losing patience with her he slammed the door in her face, not needing the hassle. Jim made his way back to the living room, pissed off. What happened to his wife was eating him up inside, he didn't need added grief from freaks. Sitting back down, opening another can of beer, another knock echoed through the place.
Jim got up, he knew the strange woman was back wanting a room for the night, this time he would tell her to go to hell or he'll ring the police. A metre from the entrance he heard laughter.
Who could this be, he thought?
Opening the door apprehensively, he was surprised to see his son standing there with three of his friends. "Hello, Gavin. What do I owe this pleasure?"
Gavin looked deadly serious, before replying, "I don't know how to say this dad. I've fucked up. Have you seen a woman recently, I need to find her, it's important?"
What was he talking about, with concern he stared at his son, "I don't understand. What have you done?"
Gavin seemed agitated, then said, "Promise me if you see a strange looking woman hanging about the place, ring me immediately, and I love you."
With that they strolled back to the car like a pack of wolves.
Jim realised all his nightmares had come at once. I'm sorry, Glenda. I have failed our son. He felt conflicted. Closing the door he slumped back in his chair. What a day.
A loud knock interrupted him. How much of this can he take, it was becoming absurd. At the door was the lady from before. This time he felt sorry for her. The woman told him how she was forcefully taken from her car, and how she'd escaped, also realising the police were involved, which is why she was reluctant to go to them. It was awful what she'd been through, he invited her in, asking her name. It was Megan. Jim gave her some clothes that belonged to his late wife, also towels so she could have a shower.
Megan seemed thankful.
Deep down he didn't know what to think. If the woman escaped from here and told the law enforcers what his son had did, Glenda would never forgive him for his betrayal, and that was the dilemma he faced.

.............................................................................

Gavin watched TV, not being able to concentrate. Where the hell was she? They'd scoured miles searching for her, even visiting his dad, just in the hope that he might have seen something. All of a sudden his mobile vibrated. Maybe the b***h had been found by one of his men?
On the small screen it said his dad was calling. This didn't make sense. It was quite late. "Yes, dad. What is it?"
He seemed nervous at the other end. "Please stay calm, son. I know it's getting on, but I know where the lady is. I need you to trust me, son. First thing in the morning I will deliver her to you at the farm."
Gavin couldn't believe it, this was the best news in a long time. Relief ran through him. "But how?"
"Have faith in me, Gavin. I won't let you down."
The call ended.
Sitting now in silence he pondered on what had just occurred. A smile came across his thirty something face, tomorrow was going to be a great day after all. He couldn't wait.

............................................................................

The next morning she came into the kitchen looking much better. Megan had lovely short blonde hair, and he found her very pretty. He cooked her some breakfast. They talked for a short while. Jim couldn't help but like her, this made it even worse with what he was just about to do.

............................................................................

Before getting into the van Jim told her to hide in the back until they'd passed the farm, just in case the gang saw her by accident. Then they would be completely screwed. She fell for it
The group was observed in the distance, smiles on their faces, knowing their plaything was returning. A couple of metres from them he stopped the vehicle.
His son took a couple of steps to the driver's side window, "Thank you, dad. She could've got me in a hell of a lot of trouble."
Jim didn't understand, then replied with concern in his voice, "What are you going to do with her, what sick pleasure do you get from this?"
Gavin knew his father wouldn't understand, and said, "Just forget this ever happened, old man.". He turned to the other men, before saying, "Let's get her out of there and back in the shed."
Gavin walked to the back then opening the doors, gave her a smile. "I see you're back. The shed has missed you."
Megan started panicking, while shouting at this disgusting individual. He didn't seem to care. What was wrong with these people?
Jim heard her and felt sick to the stomach. Reluctantly he made his way to the back of the van to explain to the nice lady why he'd chosen to do this. The moment she saw him, dismay covered her face. He told her he didn't have a choice because his son was the only family he had left, blood being thicker than water. Megan didn't react well. Jim turned his back on her. At this moment the old timer realised he'd made a grave mistake. They dragged her to the shed locking her inside. Gavin turned to him, before saying seriously, "If you tell anyone about this, it'll be the last thing you do, old man."
For the first time ever he looked at his son with utter disgust. "How dare you."
He got back into the van, then drove off. Peering in the side mirror, the group were now huddled around the shed tormenting the poor lady. Within seconds regret was felt, then the tears came.

.............................................................................

Parking the vehicle at the side of the road, Jim carefully made his way down the dirt track. In his trouser pocket was a small hammer for smashing padlocks with. He'd come prepared. It was just before midnight. Hopefully his son was asleep. No lights were observed in the farmhouse. This was a good sign. Entering the big garden Jim kept a watchful eye for anyone else lurking about, he was in luck. The shed sat in darkness, making his way to it, he stopped half a metre from the small entrance, crouching down, he said quietly through the gap in the door, "Megan, are you there?"
Fingers appeared through the small gap. "Is that you, Jim?"
He came over all emotional, while replying, "I'm so sorry. I am so sorry for what I did. But I'm going to get you out of there. Do you hear me?"
Sobbing was heard.
Jim didn't have much time. Using the hammer he smashed the lock several times. It wasn't budging. "Come on, boy," he said under his breath.
"I really appreciate this, Jim. I just wanted you to know that," she whispered to him.
He stopped, with a smile he answered, "I'm sorry I didn't believe you at first."
Suddenly an excruciating pain in his chest caused him to fall to the ground. He had difficulty breathing, then noticing a figure above him, while they held a rifle. The whole area now dazzled with lights. With shock a policeman stood there, beside him was his son. Gavin seemed upset, before saying aggressively, "Why dad? I told you didn't I. Why didn't you listen? Now you're having a f*****g heart attack."
"Leave him be," yelled Megan. "He's your f*****g father."
"Stay out of this, b***h," he shouted, kicking the shed hard.
Jim raised his hand to the slight gap, their finger tips met. "I will never forget you, Megan, because you're the bravest person I have ever met."
A second later he was dead.
In a rage Gavin unlocked the shed door, then ordered his loyal security guard to kill her quick. He shot her three times in the head. She died instantly.

.............................................................................

Some weeks later, the decomposed body of a woman was found dumped in the local river. Shock ran through the whole community. The police investigated, but it came to nothing. After a while everyone forgot about the terrible murder, and life was slowly getting back to normal. But in a place not too far from here another woman had been abducted. The men taunting the victim while she cried out for someone to help her. No one came.

The End

© 2018 steve


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

329 Views
Added on June 28, 2018
Last Updated on June 29, 2018
Tags: Jim, Megan, she'd, dark, kidnapped, police, Gavin, rifle, farm, missing girl

Author

steve
steve

Norwich



About
Hi, I hope you enjoy my short stories. I've been writing for sometime now, and thoroughly enjoy it. To be honest, I find it quite addictive. Even when I'm at work I am thinking about the next story.. more..

Writing
Family Family

A Story by steve


Lockdown Lockdown

A Story by steve


Evil Elves Evil Elves

A Story by steve