The Perfect Storm

The Perfect Storm

A Poem by Joanna Maharis
"

This piece is about the enfranchisement man has with the darkness within himself that is so strong to the point of overpowering him.

"

Pipes are getting deeper in the end.

I can fold into my life.

If my heart were to explode on top of

your hands, the essence of you would 

collide with me.

Beat down time's ragged sandstorms.

Be bitten by the one who always knew you.

Your cherry cheeks freeze into the waters

of Antarctica.

Comb my flesh to find you.

My bearing has no strait to wash through

your wicked soul.

Drape my body with fruitopia.

I want to be amidst your shattered dreams.

Come find me in the hills of music.

For I wish to dance inside the golden light

that you have become.

I implore you to ease my anguished seeds.

For to be planted into your soul allows my

bulbs to bloom into shivering kelp.

Be not lust in the ends of my pearls.

For the riches of the gander shall immerse

your body with the bones of the dead.

You are the perfect storm.

© 2009 Joanna Maharis


Author's Note

Joanna Maharis
What do you think of the prose?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very intense and powerful. I could sense the urgency in every line. Great job, I really enjoyed it :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Really intense. I enjoyed it. :)
This poem reminds me of a friend of mine..
May he rest in piece now.
The memory made me smile, even though that wasn't the point of the poem.
I enjoyed it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


wow. some very unique imagery and word combinations here. It is beautiful - but there is a chill to it that is unmistakable. Very well penned. Peace.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Your poetry, as always, demands attention. Although the convoluted nature is occasionally too abstract to hold substantial form, here I believe it fits. The path inside one self is meant to be winding, confusing, and forcing you back track and start again. This poem is speckled with your brilliant imagery, and I see dry wit as well: your line "My bearing has no strait to wash through" made me both groan and smile at the same time. Perhaps a stretch as a metaphor, though I thought it connected well with the "cold" theme of that portion of the poem. All in all, I enjoyed your poem.

On a grammatical note: I believe you meant amidst rather than amist on line 14.

Posted 14 Years Ago


you really have a way with creating the deepest, most intensely vivid imagery with your words. i loved this. so beautifully written & powerful. i think we all have known someone who is that perfect storm. an amazing piece of poetry.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I enjoy prose especially when it is packed with great intense emotions like this... I am overwhelmed by the sheer power of this piece... the raging tides of emotions colliding causing self destruction. Great work.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

309 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 17, 2009
Last Updated on September 19, 2009

Author

Joanna Maharis
Joanna Maharis

Kalamazoo, MI



About
Graduate of Western Michigan University with a BA degree in Writing, which has been my passion since the tender age of six. Grew up in Kalamazoo, Michigan where I currently reside. I love to read al.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..