I Am not The Rain

I Am not The Rain

A Poem by Joanna Maharis
"

I Am Not The Rain

"

I am not the rain that coats your soul, or the whisper in the wind,  when your storm is brewing.

 

But, I am the fight that emerges from the naked abyss, like a  paradox that drives men mad with lunacy of lucrative voices that  speak in tongues.  This is my Universe and you are my cult that  springs into the volatile walls that absorb burning souls.

 

There is the richness of font soft and fuzzy like maroon velvet.   The seductive voices embrace me with their tantalizing lies filled  with fresh memories of my worlds I used to know.  Yet,   somewhere mixed within these falsehoods are mortal truths that  command my attention to the creed that was trapped behind stone  doors of my mind that refused to open until now.  Well, I say,   “Chatter away, my friendly foes, as if you were saviors of my  being.  For resting inside my heart’s golden pocket are trinkets of  passion that cannot be stolen away from me.”  Deep in the heart of  darkness, you shall bring me to your leader, and enthrall me with  your cathartic waves of delicacy, disguising horrific tales yet to be  told.

 

But I am now your jailor that lays the bleeding river at your jaded  feet, and I call out to my true savior to break your backs with his lashing tongue, and restore your bones back to their true nature,  and emblazon your soul with the power of the RED SUN.

© 2011 Joanna Maharis


Author's Note

Joanna Maharis
What do you think of the prose?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

ooh. I really like this. I've watched you change a bit. Your writing is a bit closer to your skin now, a bit more you. not as distanced.
Beautiful work.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

384 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 25, 2011
Last Updated on August 25, 2011

Author

Joanna Maharis
Joanna Maharis

Kalamazoo, MI



About
Graduate of Western Michigan University with a BA degree in Writing, which has been my passion since the tender age of six. Grew up in Kalamazoo, Michigan where I currently reside. I love to read al.. more..

Writing