Battle of Dysfunction

Battle of Dysfunction

A Poem by Mark


I'm a soldier wounded, at the battle of dysfunction,
I'm looking for the medicine man, but he' at another junction.
Those passive aggressive cannonballs and secret poison darts,
One landed right between my eyes, and the other hit my heart.
A minefield of denial can be such a scary place,
Because one of them exploded, and then tore off my face.
So I'm a faceless warrior wandering all throughout the land,
Trying to find my inner self, the one who understands.
I stumbled back into battle,the man without a face,
And hid behind a cannonball and vanished without a trace...



2013 Mark Stitz

© 2013 Mark


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mim
Really like this piece! It reads so quickly that it is over before the meaning has even kicked in, prompting you to read it several times through in succession which in my opinion allows you some time to find the meanings within it.

"So I'm a faceless warrior wandering all throughout the land,
Trying to find my inner self, the one who understands. "

So beautiful!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mark

11 Years Ago

Thanks much
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are welcome.



Reviews

I understand this poem. I have study the herbal medicine for many years. I drink the rosemary tea and keep the body clean of bad food. Hard sometimes to rise up and keep fighting. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Mark

9 Years Ago

Thanks very much. I'm glad you understand.
The search for identity drives us all, doesn`t it? The suffering of other people`s jibes make us doubt ourselves. We lose confidence in our judgement - and it is a battle.
Your poem has sharp impact, Mark. Well done, mate P.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mim
Really like this piece! It reads so quickly that it is over before the meaning has even kicked in, prompting you to read it several times through in succession which in my opinion allows you some time to find the meanings within it.

"So I'm a faceless warrior wandering all throughout the land,
Trying to find my inner self, the one who understands. "

So beautiful!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mark

11 Years Ago

Thanks much
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are welcome.
Oh this is so great, really speaks my language, I lived in the mindfield of denial for many years, probably visit there quite often still....

Those passive aggressive cannonballs and secret poison darts,
One landed right between my eyes, and the other hit my heart.

You've not vanished, you're right here in your poetry! Great one!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mark

11 Years Ago

Thanks Frieda, being here in my poetry is a great place to be! Thanks for the kind words.
I like when you moved the verb to the front of the line " trying to find my inner self, the one who understands" it resets the pace on the ending

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mark

11 Years Ago

Thanks, glad you liked it!
I enjoyed this Mark, very much, first because I am a fan of rhyming poetry, and I found this to be tightly woven and effortlessly employed. I also liked the inner struggle to face fears and go back and rally, a call to triumph and perserverence of the human spirit.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mark

11 Years Ago

Thanks very much, I'm really glad you enjoyed it.
brilliantly crafted work that cleverly conveys the cost of courage

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mark

11 Years Ago

Thanks very much!
Oh. My. Goodness. Perfection on a plate. Precise, yet loose and wandering, personal and introspective, yet strident and shocking. Paradox after paradox, a crystal within a crystal, diamond out of carbon, and carbon out of diamond. Need I say more? Well done, indeed. (Guess I just did!!)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mark

11 Years Ago

Well thank you much for your kind words.
Amazing allegory, the ellipsis at the end truly adds to the ambiance of elusive identity and the individual's search/ struggle for truth. Well done, you have profound talent.

***/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mark

11 Years Ago

Thank you for your in depth review, not to mention
Your kind words.
Wow, what a true write here, a write that stays with me for longer than tonight, a write that reaches and hits in truth. How you started your first line, it has so much grounded psychology in it. Beautiful. Truth is so liberating, yes, and truth is the way we should speak. For me you're never faceless, you faced yourself into this, so it's a face with dignity, and I adore this face. Thank you for sharing a part of the you, I like to meet.

- Elisa

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mark

11 Years Ago

Thank you, thats a great review, as you took the time to analyze the psychology behind it.

11 Years Ago

You're most welcome, I felt your hurt, and words... I can imagine how deep it is woven into a soul, .. read more
Mark

11 Years Ago

Well,thanks, it's nice to be appreciated. And I, you.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

646 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 10, 2013
Last Updated on February 10, 2013

Author

Mark
Mark

Central mountain range, Puerto Rico



Writing