Death of a Magician

Death of a Magician

A Poem by Mark

Death of a Magician

By Mark Stitz


That night in November I’ll always remember, when my good friend was called home,His soul said goodbye, as he went to the sky, and about him I’ve written this poem.
A magical dude, never loud never rude, spreading laughter and joy where he went, an evening about was never without an awesome good time and well spent.
“C’mon pick a card, it’s really not hard”, but then it would disappear, and the people would shout, when he pulled it right out, of inside of, a bottle of beer.Then the card would be gone, with a wave of his wand, the crowd would go “Ooh” and go “Aaah” But they’d scream and shout, when he pulled it right out of the inside, of some woman’s bra!
He was a real gem, until his sad end, always spreading his magic and laughter.
To me he was Brother, but they needed another, Magician, up in the hereafter…

Miss you and Love You Brother, Never Forget!
Extra Large Pizza, with sausage and onions. Large Coke with no ice!

© 2018 Mark


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
That night in November I'll always remember
when my good friend was called home,
his soul said goodbye as he went to the sky
and about him I've written this poem.

Good morning Mark, ever thought of putting this write stanza style ?
For me, anyway, makes it a far easier read and aesthetically more pleasing. What you ya think ????
Nonetheless a good read and final memorial to your chum.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Mark

5 Years Ago

I think originally I may have thought about it, but I wanted it to be as much of a small story, as m.. read more
It's good of you to memorialize him like this. Now, thanks to these words, we can all appreciate who he was and miss him.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mark

5 Years Ago

Thank you Samuel...My words are meager to describe a guy who's legacy was to bring laughter to liter.. read more
Mark, it is obvious the feelings you had for your magician friend were real...and that you will miss him. I am sorry for your loss. May his memory be a blessing to you and may he do card tricks between the pages of the scrapbook of your memory forevermore. This tribute is heartfelt. LydI**

Posted 5 Years Ago


Mark

5 Years Ago

Thanks Lydi...
He was a great friend who I never saw raise his voice in anger and always had .. read more
Your lines have a good rhythm, this was an easy read for me. I appreciated the rhyme and flow. A fine tribute to your magician friend Mark Well done.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


Mark

5 Years Ago

Thank you Chris. He was a great friend and a good man. He deserves a fine tribute.

Ma.. read more
Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

You gave him that Mark. Sorry for your loss. May he RIP.
Mark

5 Years Ago

Thanks Chris.
This one has an unusual structure and some unique rhymes. A very nice elegy.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Mark

5 Years Ago

Thanks very much for stopping by and for your kind words.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 8, 2018
Last Updated on November 8, 2018

Author

Mark
Mark

Central mountain range, Puerto Rico



Writing
Paradise Found Paradise Found

A Poem by Mark



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..