Beast of Burden

Beast of Burden

A Poem by Stone Fox

He halted..


Snuffing the air, he turned tail and galloped off.


Still,

Without much delay,

We gallantly dragged our efforts; shooting at the poor beast in hot pursuit


I was unwilling in this sport.


In my heart of hearts I hoped instead we might manage to tame him.

This Mighty Majestic Beast of Burden was too rare to see Death.


But once our chase had been executed the  noose in our hands drew tight,

Ensnaring the monster in our trap as we had him.


We had him cornered.

The Beast was upon the ground-doomed.

The animal was at all our mercy.


I felt some repugnance at paining the animal-but those were the orders.

This was a case of necessity-this was kill or be killed.

© 2016 Stone Fox


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Neat title name Rolling Stone song. The sentimental journey through mercy condemning a beast in some eyes of life. There was a double- entendre or having two meanings. One the last stanza speaks of making opposition to the orders, you felt not justified to take on this beast so draconically. No apathy was presented in your eyes as you had to paint the creature in its final stage. Given for its name " Beast of Burden", is usually a domesticated animal laboring under the benefits of men. The other meaning was being faithful to God versus faithfulness to humans. Those who control our world have different sets of values that what God sets before us. It's about only fearing and apologizing to God as you corner the beast of its crimes, you look up because he's the only one will answer to what really matters. And it's a good example of spitting in the face of your enemy by not giving what he wants, which in this case is repentance of committing a crime " a crime of man". but still there's a question conflicting with another Why repent for something those who despise God call a crime? W hen you know that what you did wasn't a crime to God?

Just what I see when reading your unique poem. Thanks for sharing keep writing and writing poetry on bones around you. Sincerely your friend in poetry and life.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

316 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 11, 2016
Last Updated on April 11, 2016
Tags: beast, hunt, kill, prey

Author

Stone Fox
Stone Fox

Dallas, TX



About
A painter of words and collector of the rarest moments. more..

Writing
ALWAYS ALWAYS

A Poem by Stone Fox


Paranioa Paranioa

A Poem by Stone Fox