"THE BEST PART"

"THE BEST PART"

A Poem by Sheri L.E. Williams
"

Falling in love, out of love, and the pain of losing,

"
As I took a sip of wine, you were there standing in line-----Playing pool---looking cool.  Levi blue's that fit just right---not at all to tight.  A funny hat on your head---a color of almost red.  You bent down to take your shot, with an aim that you sought.  Looking up, our eye's locked----It was a must that we talked.  Several year's flew by and I could see it in your eye's----a new romance had touched your heart.  And I was left in the dark.  To move far, far away---was my only way---to spare the pain that would surely come.  Even if I did run.  My time on earth is short, so I need your support.  Our son is a grown man and he fit's into my plan.  He has your eye's, which come's as no great surprise.  His soul is kind---as you will find. His heart is filled with joy and love. The best part of me and you. And I pray you will be proud of him too.

© 2018 Sheri L.E. Williams


Author's Note

Sheri L.E. Williams
Enjoy my poem. Love, Lost and Love again.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It was good. I liked it I liked how it ryhmed!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

509 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 14, 2018
Last Updated on April 14, 2018

Author

Sheri L.E. Williams
Sheri L.E. Williams

Delray Beach, FL



About
I love to draw, write poems, do crosswords, go to the gym and take long walks more..

Writing