What is love?

What is love?

A Chapter by stranger-n-life

Have folks forgotten  so easily already in this evil world ? ... our conscience did try to show us what is not love , so it is easy to know what is love if you listen for your conscience... it will stop you being unloving and so you will be loving ... else you will be sad later on when God is forced to tell one one has been unloving ...

Love too is what makes one feel more-than-just-alive , it is the Spirit of God toward 'life' that does never end ...

Love is what our hearts desire more than anything, it is what we also fear to do because the world frowns upon it , hates the witness in it of its own evil, its unloving grey ways ...

Love too is what we know of as God , what we can know of God, love is then the 'manifestation' of God within men :-

1 John 4:16 [KJV] And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

1Cor 13:4 [REB] ¶ Love, is patient, is gracious. Love, is not envious, vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Acteth not unbecomingly, seeketh not her own things, is not easily provoked, imputeth not that which is base,
6 Rejoiceth not over unrighteousness, but rejoiceth in sympathy with truth,�"
7 All things, covereth, all things, believeth, all things, hopeth, all things, endureth.
8 ¶ Love, at no time, faileth;�"but, whether prophesyings, they shall be done away, whether tongues, they shall cease, whether gaining knowledge, it shall be done away;

Love is the deepest desire within us [in our 'hearts' as we say] ,yet the one we are taught to ignore by the world we live in ...and we all become convinced not to follow our hearts because others who teach us have become that way .. because others that taught them have become that way .... it goes a long way back ...

Love is then the desire men have largely forgotten and so do not know the depth of lasting joy it brings to life ... men this know the greyness of unlovingness which might show them what love would be like, but somehow the connection is not often made , that without love one will die a grey death in one's empty pursuits in life, empty because they are not one's deepest desire to love...

The almost-silenced voice of conscience knows good of love from bad of unlovingness, but the self is the censorer... in an evil world the self fits in much better by silencing the conscience, so men 'live' greyly in denial o the deepest desire to love which is thus our spirit [imprisoned by the self]

Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Love is our 'god' then because we desire it and respect it , some even' worship' it, but it is a god we deny , and worship 'gods' of this world instead... few bother to review whether their god is serving them well, preferring propaganda of church or government or their group whatever it may be they compromise love to fit in with...

Love then is freedom to BE one's truth , freedom from the world's false values to take on the values one was given expressed in one's conscience and moved through one's 'heart' of desire at it very deepest level...

Love is what we know of God, and most people have 'forgotten' , censored, God in this world, even in religion, perhaps especially in religion...

Love is not dead though, else so would we be... Love will not be wholly silenced in anyone , it is just that it is behind bars, out of fashion, hidden away as if unacceptable because this world does not recognise its value...




__________________


© 2010 stranger-n-life


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
Added on April 17, 2010
Last Updated on April 17, 2010

The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Bible...


Author

stranger-n-life
stranger-n-life

London, Wildlands, United Kingdom



About
A poet , looking inside and out for relations to the spirit of love that is so far 'above' this world ... truth of heart that tears apart the lies which many folks, for now, live by ... from which .. more..

Writing